USyd Intros 2017 (1 Viewer)

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
Hey USyders, :wavey:

Thought it might be fun to introduce ourselves so let's do Degree, Year, Majors (if known) and maybe what you're most keen for this year :music:

I'm Blue Suede, your friendly USyd mod. Recently finished up at USyd but did B Science/B Arts (Honours) with majors in History and Philosophy of Science, Psychology, English Literature and History. Thesis topic was on military psychiatry and trauma theory.

I also worked at the uni for a number of years so have a heap of knowledge about how the uni works and especially student support services if you have questions (though random conversations should be taken over to our Chatter Thread).

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
I'm Amleops. I graduated from a Bachelor of Science last year majoring in mathematics, and an unofficial minor in philosophy (given the amount of electives I did I think I can consider it as such).

I'm in my first year of a Bachelor of Psychology, with a secondary major in neuroscience. I'm also doing a Diploma of Language Studies in Chinese, which I will be starting next summer. I'm looking at eventually becoming a psychiatrist, so I'm aiming for medicine sometime in the next few years as well.

The thing I'm most looking forward to is the second/third year psychology subjects I'll be doing this year, particularly the statistics courses. Will be interesting to see how the two fields interact with each other.

Amundies

Commander-in-Chief
HSC
Uni Grad
Amundies here. Doing mechanical engineering and commerce, majoring in finance. Keen for IPP this sem, as well as an internship I'll (hopefully) have at the end of this year in an engineering firm! In my 4th year out of a 5 year degree.

sea-r-du

HSC
N/A
Hi there, I'm sea-r-du. I'm doing a Bachelor of Science degree, majoring in Statistics which the intention of doing a 2nd major in either Information Systems or Psychology. I hope to get into some kind of Data Analytics job once I finish, really looking forward to it!

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
I'm in my final year of B Science (Anatomy and Histology) / M Nursing. Woohoo! This year is all nursing subjects for me, as well as applications and interviews for new grad positions, so I am stuck down on the Mallett Street campus, away from all the action and pretty buildings, which makes me sad.

gandalfbrah

HSC
helloooo, 1st year b physio, all the way at the cumberland campus, extremely keen to get to understand anatomy and how the structure of the body pieces all together and functions, and of course the clinical placements

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)