USyd Law (1 Viewer)

Dwight

HSC
Hi guys,

Just wondering, would I have any chance of getting in with a NRSL of 97 (uai was just 94.5 and gpa based on estimate), as I've browsed through the threads and as a general guide, apparently you need a UAI of 97?

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
ummm... if you have a UAI of 94.5, how can you get a NRSL 97 unless you have a GPA of 7?

Dwight

HSC
I think it will be 6.5+, probably 6.75. I'm taking into account what semester 2 results will be as well (as an estimate, not being cocky or anything) so its a 1 FTE. Is "two semesters full-time study is equivalent to 1.0 FTE, etc." correct in this case?

Dwight

HSC
...So do I have any chance? Or perhaps at UNSW, seeing as Im already there. Are there any factors besides marks, like a statement outlining why you want to transfer, etc.?

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A

Dwight

HSC
Dont mean to drag on about it, but has anyone gotten a UAI similar to mine and made it to either UNSW or USYD combined law? Is the NRSL the only thing they take into account because it seems some people on this board havent gotten into the subjects they wanted despite being above the cutoff, and vice versa. Thanks for your time.

gorgo31

HSC
No, they don't look at anything else except your UAI and first year results. No statement, no interview. Two criteria, equally weighted: UAI and first year results.

To be really honest, I'd say you'd have to perform exceptionally well this semester to have a chance. I know of people with a UAI of more than 97 and distinction averages who have not received offers of Usyd law (although many were offered it at UNSW). But it changes every year, so who knows?

I can't explain why people above / below NRSL cut-offs received admission or didn't. My only suggestions are that the NRSL cut-offs are misreported (I was under the impression that Universities kept them confidental) or that the raw GPA of an individual is different to the UAC converted GPA. Because different institutions use different grading systems, UAC does convert results. How they do this and to what extent - I have no idea.

All you can do is aim on getting the best possible results for this semester and hope for the best. Good luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)