USYD Merit Scholarship (1 Viewer)

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
It had nothing to do with extra curriculars. The people I spoke to (in first year at open day when I volunteered) said that anyone who rattled off about extra curriculars and their work at school was put at the bottom of the pile. Yes it's good, but they want to see and hear about the person; where they live, what they like doing, their goals and dreams etc etc.
I talked quite a lot about myself, and where I perceive myself going in life and what I like to do - music and science... Just wasn't good enough compared to the others applying; must be very competitive.

blackratpoo

HSC
i applied for this scholarship and really really really wanna go here but havnt got an offer yet [only shortlisted. atar:99.15]. i got a unsw one which i either have to accept or reject in 3 days which is only a one-off payment of 5000. idk if i should accept or decline coz i really wanted to go to usyd (better social life imo) but what if its the only offer i get?. help!!!

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
i applied for this scholarship and really really really wanna go here but havnt got an offer yet [only shortlisted. atar:99.15]. i got a unsw one which i either have to accept or reject in 3 days which is only a one-off payment of 5000. idk if i should accept or decline coz i really wanted to go to usyd (better social life imo) but what if its the only offer i get?. help!!!
Accept it. If you don't get an offer from USyd, oh well, go to UNSW with the money or you can still go to USyd. If you do get an offer from USyd on the scholarship, accept that and just not go to UNSW... a few people would be in similar situations all around the state.

duckcowhybrid

HSC
I got a Merit Scholarship for Sydney but my ATAR is probably not high enough for Sydney Comm/Law, however it does make UNSW (was invited to UNSW Law School for high achievers reception met with Dean etc etc means I got in, based on numbers 99.55 should be enough as well just using my maths skills), and at UNSW I've got a $5000 Scholarship that I gotta accept or decline by Tuesday. My question is, can I accept both, then back out of the one I don't want later after offers come out? I.e. Can I accept the Sydney Business Merit Scholarship then if I don't make Sydney Comm/Law decline it and go to UNSW with my guaranteed $5k that I've already accepted? Just FYI the Sydney Scholarship is $6k/year for 3 years.

jet

Banned
HSC
It depends. You'd have to read the fine print to see whether accepting a scholarship at another institution prevents you from receiving the scholarship in question.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)