Usyd opal card registration problem (1 Viewer)

HowToNoob101

HSC
Hi, last night I tried to register for a concession opal card as an usyd student, but it said that my details were incorrect/different to the ones on my enrolment form. Anyone else having this problem?
Thanks

kimjuliana

HSC
Did you put your first and middle name instead of just your first name? That was the cause of my problem...

HowToNoob101

HSC
Did you put your first and middle name instead of just your first name? That was the cause of my problem...
I'm fairly sure I had my detail filled in correctly. But I re-enrolled 3-4 weeks ago, could this be the problem? At that time the concession opal card was not out yet.

kimjuliana

HSC
That shouldn't be a problem. I re- enrolled at the same time as you did. Perhaps you did not consent for your details to be shared with Transport NSW? Just send an email to the Campus Card Centre to check. (I am assuming you are eligible for concession here).

Hope you solve your problem! :)

HowToNoob101

HSC
That shouldn't be a problem. I re- enrolled at the same time as you did. Perhaps you did not consent for your details to be shared with Transport NSW? Just send an email to the Campus Card Centre to check. (I am assuming you are eligible for concession here).

Hope you solve your problem! :)
Yeah, will do. Thanks :)

Larche

HSC
Hi, I'm also having the same problem. I re-enrolled and am pretty sure I consented to share my info with Transport NSW however when I try to apply for the opal card on their website it tells me my information is incorrect :( Was wondering if you were able to solve your problem?

HowToNoob101

HSC
So for me, I went to the student office and spoke to the person in charge and he said that I could not apply because I'm a NZ citizen. Apparently a new rule came out late 2014 stating that NZ citizens are no longer eligible for concession (not just opal cards, but also train tickets etc).

Larche

HSC
Turns out it was just my name, I was putting in my middle name when I'm not supposed to. Go figure >.>

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)