usyd open day volunteers~~ (1 Viewer)

5c

HSC
u know... the volunteers [are they?] who stand in the stalls handing out showbags n other info on da day when ppl come for the open day~~
HOW can we 'volunteer' and become part of this??
do we need an interview? send a resume? to where?

jpr333

HSC
Join a club of some sought and ask around...

margaret_gn

HSC
ask your faculty office, we got an e-mail sent to us from the science faculty and we could register if we wanted to volunteer. apparently there's a training day mid-august for that (probably just for science though).

5c

HSC
aaahhh.....
im already in comsoc... but how do i go n volunteer??
who do i contact?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Well usually the Comsoc stalls are operated by execs so it's unlikely you'll be able to be in on that. You could however do some lecture bashing for an upcoming comsoc event if you want :)

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
The ppl in the information stalls, those attending lectures counting attendance, and those running the bus service to Central are not Volunteers. We work for the Marketing and Student recruitment unit at Uni, and we are Highly trained professionals! :p We all wear blue shirts and have name tags.

The people in the stalls in the Quad (the clubs and societies and college people) are not with us, so i dunno f they are volunteers or not.

I dunno about for Open day, but for O-week to be a Spoc volunteer you have to apply and go for an interview etc, its organised by the Union.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
yeh for club n soc, u just need to talk to ur president and if s/he approves, u'd be running the stall...

this o week i ran the store for chess club... and kathleen actually asked if i wish to help at the stp stall... and i thought o_O didnt u need some sort of training etc?! =p

silly me... but oh wellz =)

btw also a half gbye from xiaoie....
new sem's starting... half leaving bos... (and hopefully never comes back until the end of exams)... half ditching internet too...

has being fun guys... ^^

signing off =)

jpr333

HSC
Meh you'll be back. If anything BOS makes you work more with the consant reminders, discussion and pedantics of all the super organised folk that congregate here.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
i kno... making quittin bos so hard...

wut's the damn quit line when u needed it?! =(

LoneShadow

Uber Procrastinator
HSC
N/A
xiao1985 said:
i kno... making quittin bos so hard...

wut's the damn quit line when u needed it?! =(
hmmm...It looks like u need the help of Mr Ideas !!!! :D

here's the procedure for quitting BOS:

1. Open Notepad [Start->All Programs->Accessories->Notepad]
2. Go to http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/index.php?
3. Login to BOS forums
4. Go to UserCP and the Edit Email and Password
5. Type in your current passoword
6. Go back to Notepad, close your eyes, then press about 10 random buttons on your keyboard
7. Copy and paste this into "New Password" text box in step 4.
8. Confirm this password.
9. Then click "Save Changes".

Now your done!.....but If u r really really adict that u might try to recover a lost passowrd I suggest u do the same to your hotmail account...so u can't use either.

Pleasure helping you out!

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
@lonely shadows: i am not full time quitting... just quit partially to become a part time bos'er...

such as now, duckie feels blue... surfing on bos hoping to find pplz to taese...

moderngirl

HSC
There are currently volunteer positions for the year 10 careers day for girls and boys. I know the one for girls is held sometime on a friday in august. There's a link on the USU website where you download the relevant form and take it to the school tutoring office to volunteer(which is on level 4 of wentworth i think next to the big cafeteria area). http://www.usuonline.com/notices/

stazi

Nightman
HSC
moderngirl - nice av :)
its on 16th of sepember though - just before everything is due :(

moderngirl

HSC
alternatively i suppose u could also volunteer to school tutor

1time, ur bright eyes avatar is pretty cool. Lots of indie bands in sydney lately, have u seen any of em?

kow_dude

HSC
When is Usyd open day or whatever? I want to join Commerce Society this semester but i don't know how :S

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)