USYD or UTS Nursing --> Postgrad med (1 Viewer)

cottonballz

HSC
I'm starting nursing next year though haven't decided whether USYD or UTS would be my best choice. I'd ideally like to do medicine as a post grad. Even though I believe UTS has the better nursing program, would my chances of getting into a Doctor of Medicine be higher if I attend USYD as they actually have a school of medicine and it is a more prestigious university? Or would it not make any difference where I get my undergraduate degree from as long as I get the required GPA/scores?

Thanks.

Aysce

HSC
I'm starting nursing next year though haven't decided whether USYD or UTS would be my best choice. I'd ideally like to do medicine as a post grad. Even though I believe UTS has the better nursing program, would my chances of getting into a Doctor of Medicine be higher if I attend USYD as they actually have a school of medicine and it is a more prestigious university? Or would it not make any difference where I get my undergraduate degree from as long as I get the required GPA/scores?

Thanks.
The latter. It does not matter what university you go to - your GPA will be calculated all the same whether you're at USYD or UTS under the GEMSAS system (or whatever appropriate system). 'Prestige' is not a factor that medical schools take into consideration for medical school admission.

Therefore, choose a degree which you think will get you the best GPA and also act as a good safety net in the case that medicine doesn't work out or whatever.

Good luck on your journey.

cottonballz

HSC
The latter. It does not matter what university you go to - your GPA will be calculated all the same whether you're at USYD or UTS under the GEMSAS system (or whatever appropriate system). 'Prestige' is not a factor that medical schools take into consideration for medical school admission.

Therefore, choose a degree which you think will get you the best GPA and also act as a good safety net in the case that medicine doesn't work out or whatever.

Good luck on your journey.
Thanks very much. That's very helpful!

bangladesh

HSC
I mean also take into account the Uni-life as well. 3 years isnt a short time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)