USYD Pharmacy '09 Roll Call! (1 Viewer)

Zazo

Pharmacist :)
On earth, on a huge island, in the best city, Sydn
HSC
Uni Grad
danz, sure of course we are.... but just one question, is there something like a pharmacy gathering in O-week? or we have to actually find ppl?

and btw facebook have groups for everything, it would be there one way or another, so starting it now might help knowing each other in O-week if the group is successful

cheers.
Hey just to tell u guys something during O-week there is a special day and time for pharmacy students (orientation) and i strongly recommend u to go it's very insightful and u meet other students there, then they do a free bbq so its great :) there's a orientation lecture (last year it was in the pharm building but check for this yr) and thats wat i'm talking about ok :) enjoy urselves :) and don't worry about subjects they pick everything for u !! ur path is already set :)

~Fire Jade~

HSC
I know O week runs from 25th-27th February? So when's the special day for pharmacy students? Because I read that it was on the 24th somehow....that's impossible. Have I gotten the dates wrong? ><

danz90

HSC
I know O week runs from 25th-27th February? So when's the special day for pharmacy students? Because I read that it was on the 24th somehow....that's impossible. Have I gotten the dates wrong? ><
The Pharmacy orientation is on the 25th (Wednesday), starting at 11.30am in General lecture theatre 1 in the Quad.
That's one badd lecture theatre.. and I don't think it'll fit all 1st year Pharm students.

meteora33

HSC
finally got my scholarship rejection letter today haha
there goes my car =[

danz90

HSC
Have you guys ordered the 2 lab coats and safety goggles from the eStore yet?

Which safety goggles u's gonna get? I'm thinking of those black ones..

skby

HSC
For some reason i cant register successfully at the pharmacy estore...so no lab coat or safety glasses yet!

How are you guys getting your textbooks, if you are getting them? From the Co-op store, 2nd hand from someone or through SUPA?

Zazo

Pharmacist :)
On earth, on a huge island, in the best city, Sydn
HSC
Uni Grad
For some reason i cant register successfully at the pharmacy estore...so no lab coat or safety glasses yet!

How are you guys getting your textbooks, if you are getting them? From the Co-op store, 2nd hand from someone or through SUPA?
Hey u can buy 2nd hand textbooks from www.textbookexchange.com.au its a website for uni students where u can meet up at uni so its really good (PS I've got a few books on there)

And about lab coats and safety glasses u can buy them during O-week. there r stands there that sell all kinds of stuff and last year SUPA also sold them after the lecture(during the free bbq) and they were cheap !! (i got mine for $20 but its plain doesn't have the uni crest). and they also sell them in the newsagencies and other little shops around campus !!!

so goodluck everyone !

joyce89

HSC
Hi, I was just wondering whether i need to get safety gogles if i wear glasses. Thanks.

skby

HSC
Hey u can buy 2nd hand textbooks from www.textbookexchange.com.au its a website for uni students where u can meet up at uni so its really good (PS I've got a few books on there)

And about lab coats and safety glasses u can buy them during O-week. there r stands there that sell all kinds of stuff and last year SUPA also sold them after the lecture(during the free bbq) and they were cheap !! (i got mine for $20 but its plain doesn't have the uni crest). and they also sell them in the newsagencies and other little shops around campus !!!

so goodluck everyone !

Thanks zazo!
I signed up with textbookexchange last week, but i've decided to wait a bit, at least until orientation.
Lol i do want a labcoat with the crest...Is that only available online? But i guess the plain one is fine too.

With regards to the safety glasses...i think you dont need them if you have glasses that conform to the Australian Safety Standards. But im sure they sell the safety glasses that can be worn over glasses...

stupendified

HSC
Do we need a dissection kit? It said something about that in the biology handbook we got.

danz90

HSC
Do we need a dissection kit? It said something about that in the biology handbook we got.
I was wondering the same thing. But wouldn't they have said something at enrolment (that we need to purchase a dissection kit) ?

I don't even think we're going to be doing dissections in BIOL1003

piitb

HSC
oh ffs man. u will be provided with all the tools u need. you guys aint gonna be surgeons so chill the fk out and wait for the information to come. they will repeat the same shit a million times. u dont need to be "prepared" and buy stuff u dont need before u even have started

piitb

HSC
Hi, I was just wondering whether i need to get safety gogles if i wear glasses. Thanks.

yes u have to buy the bigger style goggles to fit over ure glasses. because your regular glasses are not safty approved.

no goggle or lab coat = ejection from lab class= zero for the lab = possible failure coz all labs are compulsary

andry

HSC
Yes there will be dissections in biol1003 and you will need a dissection kit. They are around $20 from the newsagency. I have one in good condition if someone wants to take it off me for $10.

~Fire Jade~

HSC
Hey guys.... I think the timetables are out...or are they?
Can somebody check?
How are your timetables? Hectic? Good? or just downright bad?

andyn

HSC
hey... the timetables r out... jst checked... mines fine but u can change urs if u dont like it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)