Usyd Space Engineering?? (1 Viewer)

inkjoy11

HSC
N/A
USYD offers a "space engineering" major that requires a 99 atar to get in. I'm just curious (since I'm particularly interested in doing engineering at uni), why is the atar so high when all the other engineering courses at usyd are like 93 atar?

Also UNSW offers an aerospace engineering course for a much lower atar (like 92 or something), what's the difference between aerospace at UNSW and space engineering at USYD??

blyatman

HSC
N/A
I did aerospace engineering at USYD. ATAR cutoff is just supply and demand, so the cut-off is only so high because the intake is low. All space students from the mechanical, mechatronic, and aeronautical engineering streams take the space component together, and in my year there were probably only about 30 of us. The low intake is probably done to keep the program prestigious. The space component is only 3 subjects, which means that the only difference between the aero(space) stream and the straight aero stream is that you give up 3 aero subjects to do 3 space subjects.

From my understanding, the UNSW aerospace program is focused solely on aero, and there is no actual space component.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)