USYD transfer. B Com ---> B Arts (1 Viewer)

Hikari Clover

HSC
Im currently doing 1st year B commerce at Usyd, and planning to trandfer to B arts next year.
my UAI was 94.90 ,and B arts for 2009 would be 83.

so what sort of uni marks (credit/distinction/HD) do i need to achieve?
isn't it 50% from UAI and 50% from uni marks?
so (83-94.90 x 0.5)x2 = 71.1 would be what i need for transfering?

p.s. i failed 2 out of 4 subjects last semester, re-doing 1 of that 2 subjects this semester.

add:

would my uni credit points be transfered?

thx

Last edited:

tehsky

so lyk yeh.
HSC
Hey, if you don't do one year of full time equivalence (8 subjects = 48 credit points) you will be assessed only on uai (must drop a subject/s before the academic census date to do this, think it is 31 september), then your chances are good. If its a year full time its 50/50 uai and gpa with a nrsl mark calculated or just the best of your uai/tertiary results (not sure on this though, best to contact the faculty). If you go well this semester and continue full time and boost your gpa to credit or above you stand a reasonable chance.

Hikari Clover

HSC
but i failed 2 subjects last semester, which means i wont be able to get 48 credit points, am i right?

tehsky

so lyk yeh.
HSC
If you do 8 subjects they will count in your overall GPA, regardless of whether you repeat them or fail any. So if, at the end of this yr, you finish 8 subjects and want to transfer the fails will be included. If you do less than 8 subjects they will only look at your uai (date to drop a subject without academic penalty is very soon though). However, if one yr is completed full time they either take best of uai and gpa or a combination of both, it usually depends on the faculty admission requirements.

tehsky

so lyk yeh.
HSC
Also, you may be able to get credit for subjects in the arts degree.... not sure about cores, but probably as electives.

Hikari Clover

HSC
in the usyd website,it says the last date for withdrawl is 31 august

cant drop it:mad:

tehsky

so lyk yeh.
HSC
Hey, yeah well depending on the uni the dates differ. However, maintain consistent grades this semester and try to get a couple of distinctions to make up for the fails and you have a decent chance. Your uai is well above the cutoff so they may just look at that, or maybe only gpa, or a combination of both... depends on the faculty and their admission requirements.

Hikari Clover

HSC
Thank you for your email. UAC only receives applications from students
who have just finished their HSC. As you are an existing university
student you will need to apply directly. Please fill out a new
application form at the International Office. Your application will be
assessed on a mix of your UAI and results. If you are concerned that
your marks may let you down I would advise you to attach a letter of
explanation.

If you have any further enquiries, please do not hesitate to contact us.

dats the reply from student center
yeah

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)