Usyd ? Unsw? (1 Viewer)

yvonne_710

Don't Lie
HSC
Hey,guys! for Business and Economics area, which uni is better? USYD or UNSW, i heard UNSW is much better though? is it true?

Serious Performance
HSC
N/A
Depends on the majors, but overall UNSW is margianlly better. I'd say post-uni they're almost considered of the same stature anyway, partly because the comm at other unis are slowly drifting off in quality from the 'group of 2' (UNSW. usyd).

sarevok

HSC
UNSW is the best for accounting and finance. I was under the impression that Usyd is better for economics but I'm not too sure.

Overall, I don't think there is too much difference between the uni's. With that said, now that I've decided on an accounting major and because my uai is reasonably well above the cut-off, I'll be transferring to unsw next year.

The usyd v unsw commerce debate has been done to death btw.

sarevok

HSC
UNSW is the best for accounting and finance. I was under the impression that Usyd is better for economics but I'm not too sure.

Overall, I don't think there is too much difference between the uni's. With that said, now that I've decided on an accounting major and because my uai is reasonably well above the cut-off, I'll be transferring to unsw next year.

Serious Performance
HSC
N/A
Depends on the majors, but overall UNSW is margianlly better. I'd say post-uni they're almost considered of the same stature anyway, partly because the comm at other unis are slowly drifting off in quality from the 'group of 2' (UNSW. usyd).

yvonne_710

Don't Lie
HSC
i am thinking to transfer to UNSW, since my uai is above the UNSW cut -off,......... but lots ppl said USYD is quite famous in europe kinda ...i am not sure, and UNSW is quite famous in Asia

Serious Performance
HSC
N/A
1. UNSW artifically inflate their UAIs for commerce in order to 'look' like the best (since theyre 0.8 above usyd). Part of the reason why theyre deemed so successful is because a large portion of the students are from the asia pacific who come to australia, get good marks (therefore boost the faculty's rep) and then leave again.

2. They both have the same international following i'd think but UNSW moreso in the asia pacific (eg its setting up a hong kong campus very soon).

yvonne_710

Don't Lie
HSC
well, the only thing is there are too many asian ppl in UNSW..........

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
eco/bus faculty at usyd isnt much different...unless you venture over to camperdown alot :p

yvonne_710

Don't Lie
HSC
Sarah168 said:
eco/bus faculty at usyd isnt much different...unless you venture over to camperdown alot :p
yah, i know .................... :rolleyes:

Serious Performance
HSC
N/A
That is fact for the reasons mentioned above.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
tho disdain unsw so much i have to say that unsw has much flexible comm degree than usyd... u can't really (or only marginally) do a cadetship or taking a full time job while studying part time at usyd, which is a big minus esp for disciplines such as accounting/finance, experience comes way above academic transcript full of HD's...

but then again, who wants to go to unsw any way?! bad location (train then bus or bus then bus), so many oversea students, no grass (yes, i am very fond of the grass infront of fisher =),) and on top of all, it doesnt give u a feeling of being in uni... more like, some high tech institute...

but then again, doing science/comm, it doesn't really matter... since i won't get alot of time off any way... ^^

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
I guess i should step in to defend UNSW, but i cant be bothered.

The best uni is in the eye of the beholder.
sarevok said:
gw saverok.

Last edited:

yvonne_710

Don't Lie
HSC
xiao1985 said:
tho disdain unsw so much i have to say that unsw has much flexible comm degree than usyd... u can't really (or only marginally) do a cadetship or taking a full time job while studying part time at usyd, which is a big minus esp for disciplines such as accounting/finance, experience comes way above academic transcript full of HD's...

but then again, who wants to go to unsw any way?! bad location (train then bus or bus then bus), so many oversea students, no grass (yes, i am very fond of the grass infront of fisher =),) and on top of all, it doesnt give u a feeling of being in uni... more like, some high tech institute...

but then again, doing science/comm, it doesn't really matter... since i won't get alot of time off any way... ^^
errrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.never think about science eps chem :cool:

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
xiao1985 said:

unsw has heaps of grass

i hate the grass in front of fisher. People study on the benchs and sprawl themselves all over the lawns (studying or reading also) and then glare at you if u happen to be chit chatting with a friend. No, this is not based on a one off experience. Happens all the time. Shits me so badly. Like, fuck, if u wanna study, the library is in front of your face morons :mad:

end random rant/

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
@sarah: lolz u see shitty pplz any where dear...
i talk n chitchat all the time, who cares they glare at u?! u shud talk louder... ^o^
/being evil

ok maybe not... yeh unsw has heaps of grass... but they dun appear nature...
in any case, unsw jsut doesn't give me the feeling of a uni...

tempco

HSC
my friend applied for a job with some large fins institution (can't remember which one) few months back... he said out of the 30 who got in, 20 were from unsw. the other 10 were spread out between macq (his uni), syd and uts.

Serious Performance
HSC
N/A
/quivers with fear

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)