USYD vs UNSW (1 Viewer)

Conspirocy

HSC
politik [SIZE="7" said:
lol, fag[/SIZE]

[/I]
who u calling fag, just cause u got a chip on ur shoulder about the uni u go to. anyone with half a brain doesnt care what ppl think of their uni, this is the most pointless thread, u go about it as if ur answer is the ultimate one answer...there can be no one correct answer to this question

far out, u spend the whole time on this forum being a complete idiot, and have absolutely nothing useful to say at all.

grow up, ur not better than anyone, ur insignificant, and worst thing is u give the uni a bad image...how stupid can u be, seriously i wish someone would just shut u up,

from day one all u do is bitch and complain, start, and continue useless arguments...simple fact - u are stupid

i cant believe u do economics, makes me ashamed to say economics and ur name in the same breath...in fact im ashamed to say unsw and ur name in the same breath... man im ashamed that there is such a complete idiot at unsw, seriously they should have like screening tests for all the uni's to keep ppl like u out, u are just a waste of space...i wish the cutoff for economics didnt drop so drastically, u got so lucky...ohhhhh seriously i hate u, ur stupid...grow the fuck up, get some life experiance, and come back when u have pubic hair

changed havent to have cause yeah that was pretty stupid

Last edited:

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
That wouldn't have been a half bad post if you had have used legible spelling, proper grammar and refrained from using a personal attack every few sentences. Wait...there's nothing left after you get rid of those three things. Stooping down to our not so friendly conservative lunatic who wants to go to USyd for a term doesn't make you any better than him, it makes you just as bad. Of course, when all else fails, you used the worlds coolest insult.

grow the fuck up, get some life experiance, and come back when u have pubic hair
The words of a truly awesome debater. It's hard to detect sarcasm over the internet when the habits of the poster at hand aren't well known, so I guess I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and just assume that the above was some kind of literary masterpiece, which is vastly different from your usual habits.

As for Redfern, it's not as bad as being stabbed as soon as you make your way out of the dingy train station, but it's not a nice area at all. If you could avoid Redfern, I think most people would. The Block is one of the not so nice areas if you're not experienced with Redfern, but the true hellishness of Redfern/Waterloo is found over the other side, where all the alcoholics, drug takers, poor people and old folk hang about near and in massive housing commission towers. It's depressing, dank, and not cool at all. Seeing as USyd is closer to it, and UNSW is amongst nicer, happier and fairly pleasant suburbs to any side, there's really no debate about location. UNSW is supreme.

The real deciding factor, I believe, in choosing your uni is the quality of education that you'll receive, not the crummish suburbs that surround the scattered buildings/pleasant suburbs that surround orderly buildings.

dora_18

HSC
The_Apprentice said:
Why the hell is everyone afraid of Redfern??

It's safe. There's police patrolling the station and surroundings constantly. Sure, some Swedish backpacker was stabbed in the neck there earlier this year, but that was at a time when no students were around (12-3amish?).

If you can ignore the beggars than it's actually a very pleasant walk. I have never felt concerned for my safety on my way to or from uni, even at 9pm-1am (after a gig or whatever). It's fine.

And as others have mentioned, there are shuttle buses. You're all pussies.
haha, i like that.;)

Conspirocy

HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
That wouldn't have been a half bad post if you had have used legible spelling, proper grammar and refrained from using a personal attack every few sentences. Wait...there's nothing left after you get rid of those three things. Stooping down to our not so friendly conservative lunatic who wants to go to USyd for a term doesn't make you any better than him, it makes you just as bad. Of course, when all else fails, you used the worlds coolest insult.

QUOTE]

are we really going to have a debate over spelling and grammer. i dont have anything to prove, and if thats all u've got to say im not really concerned

let me make this crystal clear: i really dont have anything to prove, if it conveyed meaning thats good enough for me...excuse me for not checking my posts in word, spell checking them, proof reading them, and then coming up with a perfect literary piece, for ur critique.

if it means that much to u, tell me, i'll go back and correct everything and make it nice and easy for u to read

as for personal attacks, sure i am lowering myself to his standard...who cares, i guess ur recomendation would be to be a 'bigger person', and 'ignore' what the 'bully' says

if people want to speak filth, i have no problem speaking to them in a way that they are accustomed to

Conspirocy

HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
The real deciding factor, I believe, in choosing your uni is the quality of education that you'll receive, not the crummish suburbs that surround the scattered buildings/pleasant suburbs that surround orderly buildings.

okay im going to say this before the usyd people get onto it...

u have got to be the biggest hypocrite in the history of this thread.

u spend over a week making some point about redfern being a bad location, and now, in one wave of ur magic wand, u go and say its the quality of the education

seriously, ur a genius

i mean no one on this thread knew that

im glad u finally are on the same page as everyone else

phrred

HSC
brogans having a laugh at u all

thread should be renamed UNSW vs UNSW

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
are we really going to have a debate over spelling and grammer. i dont have anything to prove, and if thats all u've got to say im not really concerned

let me make this crystal clear: i really dont have anything to prove, if it conveyed meaning thats good enough for me...excuse me for not checking my posts in word, spell checking them, proof reading them, and then coming up with a perfect literary piece, for ur critique.

if it means that much to u, tell me, i'll go back and correct everything and make it nice and easy for u to read

as for personal attacks, sure i am lowering myself to his standard...who cares, i guess ur recomendation would be to be a 'bigger person', and 'ignore' what the 'bully' says

if people want to speak filth, i have no problem speaking to them in a way that they are accustomed to
If I can't understand what you're saying, or if I struggle to understand, I'm not going to make the effort to decipher the hidden meaning in your post. As for lowering yourself, I was just giving you some helpful advice - be less like Politik.

okay im going to say this before the usyd people get onto it...

u have got to be the biggest hypocrite in the history of this thread.

u spend over a week making some point about redfern being a bad location, and now, in one wave of ur magic wand, u go and say its the quality of the education

seriously, ur a genius

i mean no one on this thread knew that

im glad u finally are on the same page as everyone else
I never said that the location was of the utmost importance in deciding a university to attend, I still believe it is of a little importance though. The subject of travel was brought up, and then the location was brought up. I'm not going to sit there in the middle of a discussion and then come in with some off hand remark about something totally different. No way, I'm gonna keep at it and hammer in the fact that Redfern sucks (and it does) while it's still the topic at hand. It seems that part of it is over now, as is the rest of this thread and as mentioned, it's simply one UNSW student against another UNSW student, with occasional remarks from a few USyd students and some guy from Rockdale.

tlodg

HSC
N/A
wikiwiki said:
Well, I've attended both UNSW and USYD. In fact, im currently at UNSW.

I can't really describe it but UNSW is missing the...intellectual crowd.
what other differences are there..?

tlodg

HSC
N/A
what971 said:
???????
I know there are lots of asians at UNSW, but there are lots of asians at USYD too.... (esp in Commerce)

tlodg

HSC
N/A
wikiwiki said:
The quality of student is lower, the number of international students is much higher (although im doing an 'international degree' - how many FOBs do ECOP and GOVT?
o i c...

but why would many international students choose to go there?

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
tlodg said:
???????
I know there are lots of asians at UNSW, but there are lots of asians at USYD too.... (esp in Commerce)
Yeah, I know, but UNSW has more.

tlodg

HSC
N/A
what971 said:
Yeah, I know, but UNSW has more.
Shouldn't you be studying for mid-sem now..

Where's Brogan? In your closet?

Goodnight sweetie.

phrred

HSC
tlodg said:
o i c...

but why would many international students choose to go there?
good reputation in asia esp commerce

USYD in fact has more international students according to the respective uni home sites, but i think UNSW has gone a bit over the top with its Asian focus and hence its large proportion of international students from Asia. At USYD there is a more balanced mix of int students but they have their fair share of asians

Conspirocy

HSC
wikiwiki said:
Well, I've attended both UNSW and USYD. In fact, im currently at UNSW.

I can't really describe it but UNSW is missing the...intellectual crowd.

yeah, ill pay that

dora_18

HSC
phrred said:
good reputation in asia esp commerce

USYD in fact has more international students according to the respective uni home sites, but i think UNSW has gone a bit over the top with its Asian focus and hence its large proportion of international students from Asia. At USYD there is a more balanced mix of int students but they have their fair share of asians
I think it's fair to say that EVERY uni has their fair share of asians....we are in Australia after all :p

phrred

HSC
politik said:
Dude, how awesoma powa was Leon Wong's last lecture?
pretty funny, ripping into everyone about ethics and showin us his Vice President of the Singapore Stock Exchange Business card

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)