USYD vs UNSW (1 Viewer)

MikiRei

HSC
Quote:
Originally Posted by williamycai
i dunno if your asian, but you are definately a COOKIE.....

whats that meant to mean
Ditto - what's that suppose to mean?

I chose UNSW over USYD 'cause
1. It's close to my home (I live in Maroubra)
2. USYD is like the uni version of PRIVATE SCHOOL!! Having gone through most of the regime of private schooling, I'm not about to let myself live through yet another 4 years of that. Not to mention, you won't meet much new crowds. Same ol', same ol'.
3. Engineering at USYD sucks!

btw, what does cookie mean? Sorry, I'm Asian so I'm slightly interested with all these wierd nicknames. :p

JhK89

HSC
MikiRei said:

2. USYD is like the uni version of PRIVATE SCHOOL!! Having gone through most of the regime of private schooling, I'm not about to let myself live through yet another 4 years of that. Not to mention, you won't meet much new crowds. Same ol', same ol'.

btw, what does cookie mean? Sorry, I'm Asian so I'm slightly interested with all these wierd nicknames. :p
YUP except 1... syd is closer...

williamycai

Kai-Kai
HSC
cookie definition: Any of various small flat sweet cakes
Asian definition: A native or inhabitant of Asia

there are no twisted meaning to these words..geez ppl think over the top..
When i say you are a cookie, i means you are a friken cookie!!

And when i say i don't like asians, it means that i don't like Honkies..
btw i'm asian asian...LMAO man I am so crazy...shld read my locked threads.

Bendent

HSC
phrred said:
id love it if unsw was more private school.
thank god it isn't, otherwise the rich ppl percentage will be too high, for both usyd and unsw.

Bendent

HSC
williamycai said:
cookie definition: Any of various small flat sweet cakes
Asian definition: A native or inhabitant of Asia

there are no twisted meaning to these words..geez ppl think over the top..
When i say you are a cookie, i means you are a friken cookie!!

And when i say i don't like asians, it means that i don't like Honkies..
btw i'm asian asian...LMAO man I am so crazy...shld read my locked threads.
why don't you think of me as a person instead.

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
MikiRei said:

wha?

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
MikiRei said:
USYD is like the uni version of PRIVATE SCHOOL!!
I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion, seeing as, the last time I checked, a HECS student at UNSW pays EXACTLY THE SAME as a HECS student at USyd

Thus, USyd =/= private school on account of it also containing lots of people other than the private school stereotype especially from the Inner and Outer West.

Conspirocy

HSC
1. whats wrong with private schools? appart from the obvious?

2. wouldnt it make sense that if u went to a private school, at uni u would probably meet more private school people. if you went to a selective school you would meet more selective school people. if you went to a publics school you would meet more public school people. that's been my experiance? i mean i knew my private school mates, and we knew people we might have played in sports, so if u are familiar with someone, u will more likely speak to them 1st. just depends

all the selective school people at unsw have their own group, as do the private school kids etc etc. so i guess it depends who u meet as to whether a uni is 'private school'. although about half of my year went to syd uni, and i went to a private school.

bustinjustin

HSC
As one of my uni friends puts it (a Vaucluse resident, this person will remain unnamed),
"I didn't realise how small my world was, or that there were all these other places in Sydney, until I came to [Sydney] Uni."

Last edited:

Bendent

HSC
i'm from inner west.:)

if usyd has all the private school ppl then unsw has all those international students with lots of money.

Last edited:

bustinjustin

HSC
I personally hated how people would stick to their high school cliques. That said, though it's not hard to meet new people, it takes a lot more effort to befriend new people and get all your different schedules to 'synchronise', especially when you're changing units every semester. Nor does it help that most people are apathetic individuals, so meh. It still annoys me, but I can understand why people would stick to school groups - it's just a lot easier. Ideally, everyone would go to unis in different parts of the country where nobody else knows them, putting them out of their comfort zones, thus they'd be forced to be social lest they live a youth of introverted gloom.

Last edited:

Martyno1

oh hi
HSC
I might not add much to this topic, but I went to both university open days and I found UNSW much more appealing than USYD.

williamycai

Kai-Kai
HSC
Bendent said:
why don't you think of me as a person instead.
Well you eat cookiez..then you split it out. And they are from the DARKSIDE!! You'll get a big shock in life later when you find out that Subways' bread is your father... just a friendly warning.

Chiisora

HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
Apparently, USyd is more on the medical side and UNSW is more on the engineering etc. side. But in ranking, USyd is higher than UNSW. BUT, don't they all teach the same courses anyway?

Chiisora

HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
Apparently, USyd is more on the medical side and UNSW is more on the engineering etc. side. But in ranking, USyd is higher than UNSW. BUT, don't they all teach the same courses anyway?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)