USYD vs UNSW (1 Viewer)

thenothing

no member
HSC
I went to both for their open days, and UNSW looked awful. And they have these stairs that never seem to end.

USYD was lovely though, all the pamphlets were glossy and the buildings were nice. And the people seemed smarter.

After going to both I was dreading that my UAI wouldn't be good enough for my course at USYD, but it was by 1.6 points :) I'm more happy that I'm not going to UNSW than that I'm going to USYD.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
Jessica_00 said:
I'm an asian girl and indeed have been to a "hot aussie chicks" dominated school and 4 years later, a "asian smart girl" school... and I can tell you now, I had life in hell in the former as many of those girls were bitchy, dumb, up themselves and very egotistical. Many of them were mean, backstabbing, pretty yet couldnt get enought of themsleves in the mirror, and changed their pencil case more than they did for their books or homework. Many of them turned out to drop high school and even failed at tafe...
This is year 7 - 10? That'd be it, then. Lots of girls are bitchy then and either drop out of school or settle down in year 11 - 12.

If you do years 7 - 10 at one school and years 11 - 12 at another you're going to get different impressions of them because people behave differently at the different levels. I think it's more to do with that than racially based bitchiness.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Jessica_00 said:
Asian schools would get you higher marks and more inspiration!

The partial reason I choose UNSW over USYD was thanks to u guys who said that hot aussie chicks would be at USYD and Asian people dominate UNSW. I'm an asian girl and indeed have been to a "hot aussie chicks" dominated school and 4 years later, a "asian smart girl" school... and I can tell you now, I had life in hell in the former as many of those girls were bitchy, dumb, up themselves and very egotistical. Many of them were mean, backstabbing, pretty yet couldnt get enought of themsleves in the mirror, and changed their pencil case more than they did for their books or homework. Many of them turned out to drop high school and even failed at tafe... I'm not making this up either. I'm not saying girls at USYD owuld be entirely like this (i met a 1-2 nice and smart aussie girls yes), but Ive went to USYD campus a few times and it looks very eerie like my former school. ( not that those girls could reach such a prestigious school anyway)

The smart asian girls school that I went to after 4 years of racist hell at the former school, turned out to be very motivational, inspiring and competitive. The asian girls mostly held a load of textbooks in their hand, obessed over which extension course to go to, obsessed over UAIs and Exams rather than Boys, makeup and themselves ( well to an extend anyway hhaha we are still girls) All of them ended up with UAIs from 80 to as high as 99. Now what I'm trying to say would be very clear to me...may be offensive to others...but honestly mang of the guys asking this question wouldnt care what the girls are like anyway lol, youre more interested what they look and smell like... (don't contradict me on this, I have more goddam sources!)

I thank my decision to have chosen the asian school for me sucess in getting that high UAI I wanted.

Seriously guys, I don't want to stereotype, but thats clearly that way it was in my situation. The chances of having better intellectual influences and friendly conversations would definetly be risen when you go to an asian dominated school!

wasnt that a greatly put speech hahaha.
Are you for real? You are just about the biggest moron on the forums. LOL ASIA EVELYONE IS SMART

tennille

HSC
Jessica_00 said:

The partial reason I choose UNSW over USYD was thanks to u guys who said that hot aussie chicks would be at USYD and Asian people dominate UNSW. I'm an asian girl and indeed have been to a "hot aussie chicks" dominated school and 4 years later, a "asian smart girl" school... and I can tell you now, I had life in hell in the former as many of those girls were bitchy, dumb, up themselves and very egotistical. Many of them were mean, backstabbing, pretty yet couldnt get enought of themsleves in the mirror, and changed their pencil case more than they did for their books or homework. Many of them turned out to drop high school and even failed at tafe... I'm not making this up either. I'm not saying girls at USYD owuld be entirely like this (i met a 1-2 nice and smart aussie girls yes), but Ive went to USYD campus a few times and it looks very eerie like my former school. ( not that those girls could reach such a prestigious school anyway)

The smart asian girls school that I went to after 4 years of racist hell at the former school, turned out to be very motivational, inspiring and competitive. The asian girls mostly held a load of textbooks in their hand, obessed over which extension course to go to, obsessed over UAIs and Exams rather than Boys, makeup and themselves ( well to an extend anyway hhaha we are still girls) All of them ended up with UAIs from 80 to as high as 99. Now what I'm trying to say would be very clear to me...may be offensive to others...but honestly mang of the guys asking this question wouldnt care what the girls are like anyway lol, youre more interested what they look and smell like... (don't contradict me on this, I have more goddam sources!)

I thank my decision to have chosen the asian school for me sucess in getting that high UAI I wanted.

Seriously guys, I don't want to stereotype, but thats clearly that way it was in my situation. The chances of having better intellectual influences and friendly conversations would definetly be risen when you go to an asian dominated school!

Firstly, you're about to start uni. The majority of students at uni are over that "popularity" stage of their lives. I have not met one rude person at uni.

Additionally, uni isn't just about getting high marks, carrying textbooks, etc, it's also about the social life.

Do you really need to rely on others around you to motivate you?

Just be aware that people do grow up and uni is completely different to high school.

Last edited:

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Jessica_00 said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! That is all. Wait, no it's not. The main problem with your education at an asian girls school is here:

youre more interested what they look and smell like...
Yes. All us USYDers are very interested in the aroma of the ladies. We follow them around and sniff their butts, like dogs. Sometimes, later, we urinate on each other.

How are you going to be a psychologist? Psychology is a science, but it also involves intuition and understanding into how people think, what they do, and how they do it. If you're saying that people in year 7 are the same as what they are in Uni (as long as they're white) you're not going to have much luck in the subject.

Furthermore, in that post you really reinforced the Asian stereotype - we work all day, and never go out and play...we're also asexual. I can't wait until you learn about sex in psychology and learn how strange your perceptions really are.

Anyway, I wish you all the luck in 'carrying textbooks' at UNSW.

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
thenothing said:
I went to both for their open days, and UNSW looked awful. And they have these stairs that never seem to end.
Many of the old USyd buildings are beautiful on the outside, but old and worn on the inside, where you actually have your classes.

karoooh

HSC
Jessica_00 said:

I can't believe people like you exist.

thenothing

no member
HSC
MoonlightSonata said:
Many of the old USyd buildings are beautiful on the outside, but old and worn on the inside, where you actually have your classes.
I don't know :/ Should I know?

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
my maths teacher said that the reason there are more smart people that are asian is because THERE ARE MORE ASIANS.

H

housemouse

karoooh said:
I can't believe people like you exist.
On that note, these people whom you seem to dislike cause they seem up themselves wont be in university anyway.

Conspirocy

HSC
Jessica_00 said:

I would just like to contrast the above statement with the one bellow.

Jessica_00 said:
In my school we got our UAC booklets in October...until oct yr 12, we didnt even know what a degree was
Yep, intellectual.

Kezalicious

HSC
jb_nc said:
Are you for real? You are just about the biggest moron on the forums. LOL ASIA EVELYONE IS SMART
I'm asian

and a girl.

I'm pretty stupid. ROFL
aussies are fun people, they can drink :)

I went to a white school...we really didn't have a division of racial background during senior years. frankly if you have racial pride you're being racist and arrogant yourself putting ppl before you're "race," and basically you're a shit head too.

It really depends what area you study.
If you're doing economics business etc at say unsw it's asia central

there are clubs so dw you meet lots of different people at uni.
maq, yep lots of short asians there.

Last edited:

stazi

Nightman
HSC
haha carlslaw does suck, as does merewether lecture room 2. worst of all are 2 of the bosch theatres - not only is the air conditioning shit, you have to walk for 10 mins just to get there

xxPanDa

HSC
MoonlightSonata said:
i agree

DAM the archi building is soo DAm old
doesnt look very arty at all

to think that u have to stay there for 5yr min

thenothing

no member
HSC
stazi said:
haha carlslaw does suck, as does merewether lecture room 2. worst of all are 2 of the bosch theatres - not only is the air conditioning shit, you have to walk for 10 mins just to get there
I didn't know Merewether had lecture rooms, isn't that where the staff from the faculty of economics have their offices?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
merewether has staff offices for the school of economics (school of business gets their own sxc building), tutorial rooms, and lecture theatres

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)