USYD vs UNSW (1 Viewer)

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
Jessica_00 said:
The asian girls mostly held a load of textbooks in their hand, obessed over which extension course to go to, obsessed over UAIs and Exams rather than Boys, makeup and themselves ( well to an extend anyway hhaha we are still girls) All of them ended up with UAIs from 80 to as high as 99.
Lucky for me I didn't go to the school of bad stereotypes. Normal, healthy, social high school students, regardless of race, should be able to talk about all sort of things with their friends, from academic concerns to more trivial matters or "boys and makeup". Either of the extremes you described sound like horribly dull and socially inept individuals. Me and my friends were able to gain UAIs of 85-99.95 without giving up our lives and personality to obsess over school at all times.

Anyway, on topic, I chose USyd over UNSW due to feedback from others, the grounds/buildings, reputation, colleges and distance to home.

tennille

HSC
MoonlightSonata said:
I hope you don't have to experience the pain of the Carslaw lecture theatres :p
The seats in the lecture theatres make my back itchy. :(

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
What the fuck did I transfer for? All I hear about is horrible USyd lecture theatres!

I find it highly comedic that I transferred to USyd. I'll tell you one place I won't be walking through - Redfern! (I'll walk from Central).

stephenchow

HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
What the fuck did I transfer for? All I hear about is horrible USyd lecture theatres!

I find it highly comedic that I transferred to USyd. I'll tell you one place I won't be walking through - Redfern! (I'll walk from Central).
What are you afraid of?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
abos. dude, considering youll be surrounded by one million uni students on your walk from redfern, youll be fine. i was afraid at first too. then i realised how safe it is (although i dont do it at night)

tennille

HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:

I tried walking from central in the first week, but it was long and tiring. You'll give up soon enough (or catch a bus). :p

As Stas said, so many people walk from Redfern to uni. In the afternoons/evenings, they have security buses that take you there.

Not all the lecture theatres are bad- mainly carslaw and the chemistry building. Eastern Avenue Auditorium is quite nice.

Last edited:

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
Eastern Avenue is nice. Wallace is okay.

Stephen Roberts was acceptable, although they scrapped it to make way for the new law building. That should be pleasant, if they finish it sometime this century.

thenothing

no member
HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
I didn't know people did it.. we always wind up the windows and lock the doors going through Redfern. How do you avoid the spitting?

tennille

HSC
No one spits on you. They don't do anything. The worst they do is sit down and beg for change.

thenothing

no member
HSC
Oh, okay. Times have changed :)

I must admit, I haven't lived in Sydney for a few years.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
MoonlightSonata said:
I hope you don't have to experience the pain of the Carslaw lecture theatres :p
stazi said:
haha carlslaw does suck, as does merewether lecture room 2. worst of all are 2 of the bosch theatres - not only is the air conditioning shit, you have to walk for 10 mins just to get there
What is wrong with carslaw :(. I didn't find it that bad, I also prefer the longer desks, at least you don't send all your stuff everywhere when you go to sleep and you can play 500 effectively.

No the Bosch ones aren't the worst, and it is like 3 minutes from the Physics building so it isn't an overly long walk.

DT Anderson lecture theatre has to be the worst one I've been in.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
they have security buses that take you there.
I still find that incredibly sad. Oh well, if this new Redfern plan goes ahead I guess that we'll all be able to walk through the mediocre wonders of generic architecture everyday. Yay!

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
haha yeah the only one thing the i didnt like about UNSW was the stairs from the quadrangle up to CLB :(

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
It would be cool if the main avenue/mall went much further....even to the other side.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Aren't they doing something to extend the path, somehow, to the western campus at UNSW? That's what I heard...

That walk up to CLB from Heffron was awful. I won't be missing that anytime soon.

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC
Someone should make a nice, clean poll for this contest.

*ding*

-P_D

Kezalicious

HSC
you know that would a smart/good idea.

but you can determine if the poll is done fairly. there might be more unsw students than usyd students or vice versa.

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
It's hard to answer this "Usyd vs UNSW" question if you've only been to one of them- which is most of you.

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
neo o said:
If you go to a university in Sydney it is - that is unless you can afford to pay thousands in parking fees. Always, if you aren't living on campus you'll find that the social life at both universities is pretty similar. You'll meet friends, you'll join a few clubs on market day (none of which you'll really involve yourself with later in the year) and you'll go to the pub after class. The only differences between the two have already been mentioned in this thread -

UNSW

In Kensington
Asians
Less Grass

Usyd

Not in Kensington
Fewer Asians
More Grass

So, if you like grass - go to Usyd.
less asians = good.

So i suppose (hopefully in a couple of years) i'll be going to Usyd.

stephenchow

HSC
I think the inflation in UAI for courses such as Law and Medicine are because of students from overseas (they work very very hard).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)