Usyd (1 Viewer)

chunder

HSC
is anyone going to the lecture day at USYD on the 25/6/03?

if there is anyone who went to the one last year was it any good?

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
i would but im going to the sdd one and thursday im going to the chemistry prac session.

Chand

Reflect the lights
HSC
Ill be going to the chem but I think our class needs the SDD more then the chem.

Akira_Tikira

Whats the SDD....

Do you find the enrichment helpful when we haven't even finished the electives yet

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
no - i'm going solo.... relying on school for chem is like relying on younger sister for HSC...

chunder

HSC
our whole year is forced to go and it's a good thing the school is paying otherwise there would be a lot of sickkies on that day.

Frigid...what's with you and putting down your school? If that chic in your post resembles your sister in anyway i would certainly rely on her for my HSC.

tekster

HSC
N/A
LOL @ chunder's last comment..

anyways. yeah, i'm going.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
no, it's not my school that's the prob - it's my school teacher... so best for me to go tutoring (LoL@Chunder, who dislikes all tutelage :p)...

and no, Selina does not equal to sister... sister is like 10 years old, Selina like 20.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
only 1 out of the 4 classes has a good teacher neway, so yeah i think that covers the whole school lol

chunder

HSC
Frigid i thought the tutoring issue was ended why bring it up again? To correct your misconceptions...

1) I don't dislike tutoring i just dislike people who use it for the wrong reasons (e.g. using it to replace school teachers)

2) I actually like tutoring but the "asianisation" of the concept has changed all the ideals. Before the likes of North Shore came along it was about helping the struggling and not accelerating the coping.

In my opinion if people stopped using tutoring and let their results fall it would actually be advantageous because BOS would lower the difficulty of the exams therefore making life easier for everybody. Check out the past paper pre 1990 and you'll know what i mean. In the 1980s the 2U paper was only a 2 sided piece of paper.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
why let standards fall - thus is the decline of the human race?

btw, I jigged the lectures today - i went to the first one and that guy was pretty shoddy, so i left...

was the rest okay?

chunder

HSC
there's nothing wrong with the decline of the human race as we're not really competing with anything are we? Why strive forward when there are no consequences in holding back??

anyway..... you probably made the right choice is skipping the lectures. If u got the handout you didn't miss out on anything

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)