'Utopia' (1 Viewer)

Dr_Gorgeous

HSC
I really liked Utopia. Although a little descriptive and monotonous in some parts, overall it was really good. If you've read it, let me know what you think...

wanton-wonton

HSC
Book I and the beginning of Book II was good, but then...it just got boring. Sorry.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
havent read it but heard from a friend who was forced to study it in yr 11. She made it sound comparable to being dipped in acid...

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Ah.. Utopia. Another literary reason for the lazy journalism student that i am to hang my head in shame. I'll get around to it one day. Along with Kerouac, Nietzsche and Kafka.

JoyDivision

Is Big In Japan
HSC
I read it in year 11. Read it once the right way round, then first read book II and then read book I.

I have to say, if youre studying it, the concepts are a lot more defined if you do this. I studied Utopian fiction in Year 11 Ext 1 English, are you doing the same?

Dr_Gorgeous

HSC
Nah, i'm not smart enough. I just stuck with Adv. English... We didn't study it, but i read it after being recommended by my brother. It was very...philosophical and did get boring, but the worst book i've ever read would have to be Maestro by Peter Goldsworthy. We did a close study of text last year for yr 11, let's just say Goldworthy was very horny while writing it :)

X

xeuyrawp

Are you guys serious?

It's such a great book! I just read it for uni, and it's a great read. Was constantly making me laugh-

"Couples can't have pre-marital sex. Otherwise, why would people get married?"

It's such a classic, and people who take it too seriously don't understand its purpose.

miss_b

still obsessed...
HSC
Read it back in my philosophy days..(yay i quit!! :eek:)

Liked it..:D

X

xeuyrawp

miss_b said:
Read it back in my philosophy days..(yay i quit!! :eek:)

Liked it..:D
Yeah, I was constantly thinking about my morality and ethics phil course.

(yay, I quit too:p)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)