• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

UTS ADVISORY DAY 2006 - so you going? (1 Viewer)

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
Considering going but I work that day and it will be a lot of travelling for me.

EVen then I have no idea if its worth attending or not.

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
UTS Advisory Day is like a smaller version of the UTS Information (Open) Day. I'll be there :p

manifestation

What?!
HSC
Sydney is having their information day, on the same day as UTS! There's starts at 9am. I'll be going to both most likely :) I loved the UTS open day...it was really good and the free stuff just added to the greatness :D

Last edited:

manifestation

What?!
HSC
dark`secrets said:
uts/usyd are like best friends :)
I know lol. Maq uni is having a path ways info day on the 4th TOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! omg, I hate it when they do things like this, why do they have to have it all on the same day...it's so difficult to attend all the things you want!

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
The advisory day is good if you still have questions, particularly if you are worried about not getting in to your dream course or whatever after you get the marks.

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
manifestation said:
I know lol. Maq uni is having a path ways info day on the 4th TOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! omg, I hate it when they do things like this, why do they have to have it all on the same day...it's so difficult to attend all the things you want!
hahaha this happened last yr too. All unis had their advisory day at teh same time. I ended up going to unsw and uts.

manifestation

What?!
HSC
dark`secrets said:
hahaha this happened last yr too. All unis had their advisory day at teh same time. I ended up going to unsw and uts.
yeah it's such a pain, and it takes a while to travel from one to the other... I don't know which one to go to as yet...hmmmmm.

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
manifestation said:
yeah it's such a pain, and it takes a while to travel from one to the other... I don't know which one to go to as yet...hmmmmm.
which one(s) are you planning to go to?

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Well usually the information says are all on the same day because the uni's hope that you have at least made up your mind about what uni you want to go too :p. If not, then they are basically just trying to compete with each other. These days are more meant for you to get last minute advise on what particular course you want to do (say single vs combined degree) or something like that. Of course, you get the people who change their minds about what uni they want to go to a few seconds before the UAC deadline closes :p

manifestation

What?!
HSC
yeah like I know what uni I want to go to, but it's getting the UAI for the freakin' thing that is a problem. So, the Maq uni pathways day might be good, but then I also wanna see usyd and UTS...*sigh*

soulz

HSC
Well, this will be my question at advisory day unless it gets answered here.........

Heyz, I have concerns with choosing the BBusinessBComputing at UTS as one of my prefs for 2006 .

- My major concern is the level of maths that the Comp side of the degree has ( as i only did general maths for the HSC). I also heard the comp side of the degree has no maths subjects although it involves logical thinking. Can someone who has or is currently doing the course shed some light on this., thanks. ( An overview much like Jasee's one of the BBus side but this time on the BComp side will be much appreciated.)

nick1048

Mè çHöP ŸèW
The Mat®ix Ordinates: Sector 1-337- Statu
HSC
yeah I'll be there. I'm hoping to do B Business/B Law - that's the only degree I really want to study so if I miss out on that I'm kinda :\... The cut-off last year was 97.5 but I guess that's a fluctuating figure...

*prays*

But yes I'll be there, UTS consumes my first 4 preferences lol

manifestation

What?!
HSC
soulz said:
Heyz, I have concerns with choosing the BBusinessBComputing at UTS as one of my prefs for 2006 .

- My major concern is the level of maths that the Comp side of the degree has ( as i only did general maths for the HSC). I also heard the comp side of the degree has no maths subjects although it involves logical thinking. Can someone who has or is currently doing the course shed some light on this., thanks. ( An overview much like Jasee's one of the BBus side but this time on the BComp side will be much appreciated.)
http://it.uts.edu.au/

Have you tried browsing this site?

Also, if you haven't read this...http://www.handbook.uts.edu.au/it/ug/c10219.html you may want to read it too.

JimmyK

Narrabeen, Sydney/Maitland, Hunter Valley
HSC
braindrainedAsh said:
The advisory day is good if you still have questions, particularly if you are worried about not getting in to your dream course or whatever after you get the marks.
Would it be a good oppotunity to find out alternative entry paths to UTS if you miss out on a place straight into the course based on your UAI?

I don't want to come 2.5 hours on the train, from Newcastle, to find that my questions can't be answered.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)