UTS B. Bus vs Macq B. Com (Accounting) (1 Viewer)

epsilon

HSC
Hey guys! I'm interested in doing accounting, and I trying to decide between doing B. Bus in UTS or B. Com (Accounting) in Macq Uni. Which generally has the better reputation? Thanks!

epsilon

HSC
Another thing, how much higher must my UAI be to the cut-off to get into the course? 0.50? 1.00? Just give me a rough estimate, based on the 2004 cut-offs please. Thanks!

epsilon

HSC
Umm... no takers here? *Begging for any scrap of info...*

sarah_

i'm not really sure, but i felt sorry for you since no one's replying...i was tossing up between uts and mac...i'd say it depends on what you want to do later, bbus covers a wider range of topics and areas...perhaps look at the topics that each course covers and choose what's best for you...of course i'm talking out of my ass, but i hope what i've said helps :)

epsilon

HSC
Specifically, I'm interested in the accounting aspects of those degrees. Which has a better rep generally? Employment, salary, etc, etc. Thanx!

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
maq is better known as a business/commerce uni ... uts is better known for its it and engineering degrees ... although im also talking out of my ass

pungpui

HSC
UTS is the only uni of the major 4 to offer B business...as opposed to B commerce...which is better, since business is focused on the practical side, rather than the theories of commerce...

while UNSW has THE name for commerce, remember UTS is relatively new, and that UTS is quickly gaining a name for offering one of the best business/commerce degrees in the area.

also remember that UTS has BAcc (Co-op scholarship) which is part of the faculty of business, where they take on high achievers and are sponsored by many huge firms, both accounting (the big 4) and non-accounting...

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
Bottom Line? Really doesnt matter if your at Macq, UNSW or UTS- all have very good courses. Employees look beyond the degrees to other more important areas- communication skills, grades and extra curricular activities.

Whats more important is how you go in these courses and the type of grades you get. All i will say is that I have a job at an accounting firm as a undergraduate and I'm at UTS. Therefore UTS undergraduates/graduates are employeable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)