UTS BAcc or UNSW Economics (1 Viewer)

atm1991

HSC
Ok I got my ATAR this morning, 91.95. I just got a call from UTS confirming I am being offered a place in BAcc. I had thought before I received my ATAR that it would not be near high enough to get BAcc, so instead decide to focus on making UNSW Economics. I was set upon that until I got the call just 15 mins ago.

I am interested in all areas of business, and had wanted to pursue study in some combination of accounting, finance and economics.

Pros of UTS BAcc:

*Travel time (I'm coming from Western suburbs)
*100% graduate employment history
*Substantial scholarship
*2 work placements with big companies

Pros of UNSW:

*More prestigious?/Reputation in business?
*Less subjects per semester (UTS involves doing fast track courses and more subjects during non internship semesters)
*Could still do accounting in the economics degree, and ecos faculty rep at unsw is very good

So basically I have 24 hours to decide if I want UTS BAcc or not. I was and am still in shock form the UAI I received, and did not think I'd be having to make this decision so soon, let alone at all cause I didn't think I'd make BAcc.

Please can any current students or anyone offer me advice I what other things I should perhaps consider, and pros and cons of each uni for business/commerce/economics courses

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
After being at university for 3 years now, I'd say to choose UTS.

You get a scholarship (money), experience and transport isn't as bad as going to UNSW (i.e. that extra bus from central).

If at the end of first year, you think UTS is shit or you don't like what you're doing, transfer then.

gh0stface

HSC
BAcc is just accounting? u can probaly get into UNSW Bcommerce with your score (+bonus points) and double major in accounting and something else.

atm1991

HSC
BAcc is just accounting? u can probaly get into UNSW Bcommerce with your score (+bonus points) and double major in accounting and something else.
Nah you can double major in BAcc too. I'll either do Finance or Economics, but probably Finance.

Oh and I rang in and accepted BAcc. $40k over 3 years, 2 6 month internships and basically guaranteed graduate employment was too good to refuse.

HSC
Nah you can double major in BAcc too. I'll either do Finance or Economics, but probably Finance.

Oh and I rang in and accepted BAcc. $40k over 3 years, 2 6 month internships and basically guaranteed graduate employment was too good to refuse.
Well that was an easy decision.

rx34

HSC
GO UTS. So what if UNSW is more prestigous? Nothing beats free money (through the scholarship!)

atm1991

HSC
GO UTS. So what if UNSW is more prestigous? Nothing beats free money (through the scholarship!)
The money is just a bonus. My dilemma has been I know I wanted to get a business education at uni, but also am really driven to work. I applied for one cadetship, pretty half assed tho and didn't get an interview. So once I got an interview at UTS I just talked because I knew this would be probs my last chance to secure an opportunity to study and still get some serious work experience as well.

So yeah whilst the money is great, it's the chance to work (and pretty well secure graduate employment), and make contacts that is the big drawing point for me personally.

Uncle

Banned
HSC
Ok I got my ATAR this morning, 91.95. I just got a call from UTS confirming I am being offered a place in BAcc. I had thought before I received my ATAR that it would not be near high enough to get BAcc, so instead decide to focus on making UNSW Economics. I was set upon that until I got the call just 15 mins ago.

I am interested in all areas of business, and had wanted to pursue study in some combination of accounting, finance and economics.

Pros of UTS BAcc:

*Travel time (I'm coming from Western suburbs)
*100% graduate employment history
*Substantial scholarship
*2 work placements with big companies

Pros of UNSW:

*More prestigious?/Reputation in business?
*Less subjects per semester (UTS involves doing fast track courses and more subjects during non internship semesters)
*Could still do accounting in the economics degree, and ecos faculty rep at unsw is very good

So basically I have 24 hours to decide if I want UTS BAcc or not. I was and am still in shock form the UAI I received, and did not think I'd be having to make this decision so soon, let alone at all cause I didn't think I'd make BAcc.

Please can any current students or anyone offer me advice I what other things I should perhaps consider, and pros and cons of each uni for business/commerce/economics courses
Wrong section you fucking swine.

Try:
General University Discussion - Bored of Studies
Commerce/Business - Bored of Studies
Faculty of Business - Bored of Studies

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)