UTS BAcc vs UNSW Co-op (Accounting) (1 Viewer)

kle1

HSC
Does anyone know which is better?

With UTS you finish the accelerated course in 3 years, whereas it would take 4 years with UNSW.

I also hear the sponsors at UTS are better.

Which one do you guys think is better? :smile:

tambam

HSC
Most people here would probably tell you unsw, because unsw is extremely well known for commerce, but at the end of the day, at uts you're still getting a decent degree, and you finish an entire year earlier, still have 1 full year of work experience under your belt, and are already earning a fulll grad salary (with pretty much guaranteed job) by year 4, rather than doing an internship and getting a measly 17k a year.

kle1

HSC
Yeah that's true.
I don't know whether I should apply for the UNSW co-op because I've already been offered a place for UTS co-op. I don't want to apply for it and waste a lot of time if in the end I won't even take it.

With the UNSW one, I've been told that they just go to normal tutes with everyone else doing a normal commerce degree. Whereas with the UTS one, your tutes are only with the 20-40 people chosen specifically for BAcc.

Any advice? :\

tambam

HSC
Well atm I'm probablly going to do a cadetship > uts bacc

Unsw coop doesn't seem worth applying for, because although I might do uts bacc cos of the reduced time in uni whilst getting work experience, if I'm going to spend 4 years at uni, I might as well go with a cadetship and have a properly recognised full time job with much better pay.

So yeah, I don't see any benefits of unsw coop over a cadetship or uts bacc, also the class thing is true, although apparently they've made some cchanges. At unsw you're just one of many commerce kids, but at uts its like a tight knit bunch of bacc kids from what I've heard.

kle1

HSC
Oh, you're in year 12 this year as well. Sweet as.
What cadetship did you get?

I didn't end up applying for any cadetships because I don't think I would have been able to manage the workload. The idea of working full time and studying part time is not appealing to me at all :p

But yeah, good point. You're so much better off doing a cadetship and getting paid at least an extra 10K a year if you're going to study for 4 years anyway.

Do you know what kind of changes they have made?

Also, I don't like the prospect of being dropped as a unsw co-op to a normal commerce degree if not getting a credit or distinction average (depending on the course).

Yeah, I've heard that the BAcc students are all really close which is really good, and you'd be a bit more recognized rather than just any business/ commerce student or whatever.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)