UTS Bachelor of Accounting 2012 (1 Viewer)

atm1991

HSC
The time of year has arrived again where UTS takes applications to BAcc for 2012. Current Year 12 students with any questions, feel free to post here and hopefully a few current BAcc's will find their way here and respond to you.

In addition, we have also started a Facebook page: UTS Bachelor of Accounting Q&A

Visits can be arranged for most schools so if you or your school would be interested in hearing from current students, you can either have your careers advisor contact the uni directly or we can forward the details of your school to the Administrative Officer for the School of Accounting.

For more information on the course including how to apply, please visit this link:

Bachelor of Accounting

Also, please see:

BAcc Brochure (Attachments)

Closing Date for Round 2 Applications (Part A & Part B) - 28 October 2011

Attachments

Last edited:

realitybee

HSC
Hi! Quick question: If I apply for BAcc, does that affect my ability to apply for BIT at UTS? Thanks in advance.

atm1991

HSC
Hi! Quick question: If I apply for BAcc, does that affect my ability to apply for BIT at UTS? Thanks in advance.
Hi, no it doesn't :) Feel free to apply for both! However, in the event you were offered both, you could only accept one.

mattopirotta

HSC
Hi all, thanks for your help on this. Just wondering how long we can expect to wait to find out if we have got an interview. Obviously there are alot of applications but Im keen to see how I went. Also how do they contact you in the event you get an interview? Is it usually by email?

Thanks in advance

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Accounting sucks, I'm doing it at UTS, TK however is awesome

FrozenSky

HSC
Accounting sucks, I'm doing it at UTS, TK however is awesome
What he said is true... Despite the fact that many students are complaining about answers not being provided to our hw, the uni still can't even be bothered to provide you with answers for ANY accounting work... It's really frustrating, it's like doing maths without answers... They attempt to cover the hw in tutorials, however they can never finish in time and will skim through everything.
TK is an awesome accounting lecturer, but sadly he left UTS making accounting even more dreadful...

This is just my opinion, if you still decide to do accounting @ UTS then it's up to you.

Last edited:

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Well TK will still be there for Accounting B hopefully, which I'm doing next sem.

AND yes, UTS needs to structure accounting better, it's hopeless.

atm1991

HSC
Hi all, thanks for your help on this. Just wondering how long we can expect to wait to find out if we have got an interview. Obviously there are alot of applications but Im keen to see how I went. Also how do they contact you in the event you get an interview? Is it usually by email?

Thanks in advance
You will be contacted by email. The interviews are conducted in the upcoming school holidays, so if you haven't heard from the uni yet, it will probably be very soon.

What he said is true... Despite the fact that many students are complaining about answers not being provided to our hw, the uni still can't even be bothered to provide you with answers for ANY accounting work... It's really frustrating, it's like doing maths without answers... They attempt to cover the hw in tutorials, however they can never finish in time and will skim through everything.
TK is an awesome accounting lecturer, but sadly he left UTS making accounting even more dreadful...

This is just my opinion, if you still decide to do accounting @ UTS then it's up to you.
I also dislike how the Accounting faculty do not provide solutions to all tutorial work. It is idealistic to think all tutorials will every week provide students with adequate solutions to all questions within the 1-2 hour tutorial period. The faculty of Economics provides full solutions online at the end of each week and I much prefer this. I think the hope is that by not putting homework solutions online, more students will attend the tutorials...

Despite this, I still think choosing an Accounting major is a worthwhile investment of your time and money. It has fairly stable employment prospects, allows you to work in a diverse range of industries, gives you the financial acumen necessary to be in a management position either in finance or other areas like sales and marketing (if you choose to go down this path instead) and provides a solid foundation from which to run your own business.

Last edited:

nixon3

HSC
interviews came out today
who grabbed one?

btw atm1991 - any tips, cause i know you probably dominated your interview

atm1991

HSC
interviews came out today
who grabbed one?

btw atm1991 - any tips, cause i know you probably dominated your interview
My apologies for taking so long to reply!

Now that you have been offered an interview, things that may be asked/looked for:

*A degree of interest and basic understanding of what accountants do and why this appeals to you
*Some logical reasoning questions (no real point in trying to study for these)
*Questions about some sections of the written application
*People who can communicate clearly, effectively and ultimately in a way that engages the interviewers

I will be attending the interview day this upcoming Friday from 12pm - 4pm. Hopefully see some of you guys there!

Best of luck to you all :)

atm1991

HSC
what do you mean by logical reasoning questions? can you give me an example?
I'm not real keen on giving examples. Basically they're just situational questions where the interviewer wants to see the process you may use to solve a given problem. There isn't necessarily a right or wrong answer, but you need to articulate how you would approach the given problem.

kle1

HSC
Do you know how many places they offered this round?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)