UTS Bachelor of Accounting (Co-op) 2017 (1 Viewer)

esaitchkay

HSC
Hi BoSers!

With cadetship and scholarship applications opening up, it's a great time to think about your options after high school.

I'm pleased to announce that the UTS Bachelor of Accounting (Co-operative Scholarship) Program, or BAcc, for short, will be open for applications on Thursday 17 March, 2016.

http://bachelorofaccounting.com/

This is a program aimed for high-achieving students interested in pursuing a career in business

As a current second-year BAcc, I'm here to provide information about BAcc, and answer any questions that you may have about the program, or the university itself.

Firstly, I would like to advise that you read the current, and past, cadetships threads on BoS (here), as they provide a wealth of insight from students and professionals into the various options available to students. When I was deciding what to do after high school, I found BoS to be a great resource. :)

Now, what is BAcc?

With BAcc, you not only have a three-year business degree, but also the opportunity to have 2 six-month, full-time, industry placements at one of our 27 sponsor organisations. The industry of these companies include: accounting, banking, insurance, property, FMCG, insolvency and even forensics!
Through BAcc, you will have the opportunity to experience working in Australia's most highly sought after firms.

Additionally, BAcc holds various networking and social events throughout the year, where you will have the opportunity to become a tightly-knit group of future professionals. Other events such as company presentations, site visits, careers fairs and awards evenings will allow you to gain an insight into accounting and business, by networking with industry professionals and leaders.

In financial terms, you will also receive a $46,500 tax-free scholarship, over the life of your degree, paid fortnightly! As a testament to the strength of the program and its students, there has historically been a 95% graduate employment rate.

Why did I choose BAcc?

Ultimately, this question will vary for everyone, and you will have the opportunity to hear from other students by attending our Information Evening (details below).
For me, however, it came back to the amazing, family-like environment of BAcc, the internship opportunities and the scholarship.

Having been in the program for over a year, I can say that the strong sense of community between BAccs has been the best part of the program, especially through the transition from high school to university.

I was also fortunate enough to have my first placement at a leading Australian financial services firm, which I immensely enjoyed, feeling a sense of purpose coming into work. The structure of BAcc and its reputation for producing high-quality professionals allowed me to interact with senior management and make a difference within the team, and ultimately, the organisation. My technical proficiency and capability as a financial services professional increased by leaps and bounds.

Having read about BAcc, I hope you are as excited as I am!

Key Dates:

Thursday 17 March 2016 : BAcc applications open
Tuesday 17 May 2016 : BAcc Information Evening
Friday 3 June 2016: Round 1 applications close
Friday 21 October 2016: Round 2 applications close

Key Links:

BAcc Website:
http://bachelorofaccounting.com

BAcc Information Evening Booking:
http://www.uts.edu.au/about/uts-business-school/accounting/events/bacc-information-evening

BAcc 2016 Thread:
http://community.boredofstudies.org.../336758/bachelor-accounting-co-op-2016-a.html

If you have any questions regarding BAcc directly, please post here (for the benefit of others!).
If there are any other cadetship/co-op queries, feel free to either PM me, or post in the cadetship thread, where you'll receive a bunch of answers!

Prouille24

HSC
^Bump.
If you don't apply to it, you won't get in.
So, get in quick.

si2136

HSC
N/A
What makes this course different from UNSW and USYD Commerce (Major in Accounting)?

Prouille24

HSC
The UTS BAcc program is a co-operative scholarship program, so you get 2x6 months of work experience during the 3 years degree and get $46,500 over those 3 years. Whereas, the UNSW and USYD Commerce (Accounting Major) is just a university degree without a scholarship and work experience, but you will cover similar content.

esaitchkay

HSC
Thanks for answering those questions, Prouille.

I might add that those 2 x 6 month internships are with some of Australia's most highly sought after companies.

I hope those who attended yesterday's information evening had all their questions answered!

Just another reminder than applications for round 1 close Friday 3rd of June!

Zoinked

Beast
HSC
Why exactly does this scholarship (and others) ask for a photo of the applicant?

Prouille24

HSC
I guess it's to just verify who you are.
Don't worry too much about it and just attach a recent school photo which should be fine.
Definitely apply ASAP for BAcc if you haven't already

desisted

HSC
I got the interview offer yesterday (pretty suprised tbh because I'm a first year commerce student) but anyway I was wondering what the interview was like?

Is the group interview really intense? Because it says it's an hour long but doesn't really say much except "icebreakers". Or is it like team work/doing pitches? And for the individual interview do they ask lateral problem solving questions etc or just more on why accounting/your ECS etc.

Thank you so much!!

(I didn't get an interview last year but I applied again--so unlike UNSW Co-Op, UTS does look at first years if anyone else is interested for Round 2 :))

si2136

HSC
N/A
It says that 95 is desirable, but is there any actual info on the median ATAR requirement and what other factors may come into consideration?

esaitchkay

HSC
Hi si2136,

I believe this may have been addressed in prior threads, but more than happy to re-iterate.

Selection criteria are:

1. A genuine and informed interest in an accounting-based career
2. Personal attributes needed to succeed both as a student and in a business career - communication skills, inter-personal skills, team-working skills, problem-solving skills, enthusiasm and dedication
3. Involvement and achievement in a range of activities and interests
4. Demonstrated leadership qualities or potential
5. Academic ability (desirable ATAR: 95)

Source: http://www.uts.edu.au/future-studen...uate-programs/bachelor-accounting/scholarship

Furthermore, weaknesses in one area may be supplemented by strengths in other areas.
There is no "median" ATAR require per se, but as the website states, we do take in ATARs ranging from 90 to 99.95.

Please feel free to ask more questions.

--

Also, following up with Prouille24's response above.
Please note the interview process can change from year to year - cases, structures, questions etc. can change.
I agree that the atmosphere is a bit more relaxed, but just like any interview, you are there to show why you should be selected.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
In other words the 95 ATAR is a nice to have but not a must have... at least from my experience with BAcc, the ATAR/mark is not the be-all/end-all and the other factors which make you a better fit for the program (and the sponsoring organisations) are what will make or break your offer.

esaitchkay

HSC
Congrats to all those who came to the Round 1 interviews during this week!

It was great to meet some of you, and see what the future of BAcc looks like.

Hope you had fun - please feel free to keep posting/PMing any questions you might have :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)