UTS Bachelor of Accounting (Co-op) 2017 (1 Viewer)

Rui25

HSC
Who was offered a guaranteed offer and who was offered a conditional offer? Are most people given a conditional offer? :spzz:

Memphis Depay

HSC
Congrats to all those who came to the Round 1 interviews during this week!

It was great to meet some of you, and see what the future of BAcc looks like.

Hope you had fun - please feel free to keep posting/PMing any questions you might have :)
Doesn't UTS offer the bachelor of Accounting without an atar requirement? I was reading and apparently you can get in with just an interview? If so where can i get some more information about it?

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Doesn't UTS offer the bachelor of Accounting without an atar requirement? I was reading and apparently you can get in with just an interview? If so where can i get some more information about it?
I don't know if that's the case, but if it is then it is only because it's expected that all successful candidates would have gotten the cut off anyway.

B Acc is a competitive coop scholarship, not an alternative pathway into a B Bus.

Rui25

HSC
You must pass the application stage to get an interview. You can be offered a guaranteed offer, though I'm not sure if these are revoked if you get under an ATAR of 85. Plus, these offers are not given out to everyone, you'd have to of done exceptionally well in the interview. You're only considered for a spot if you've been able to pass the interview stage, then after that it's usually up to what ATAR you get. Do remember, around 30 people get a spot in the course, with a total of around 96 being interviewed. I suggest reading up on BAcc through the UTS website to really understand what it is about.

esaitchkay

HSC
It varies, but given the intensive nature of the course, students would be expected to achieve a satisfactory ATAR.
In this sense there is a cut-off, but unlike other degrees, it isn't quite black and white with a defined cut-off.

Additionally, it's not just about your mark - it's also about other qualities such as leadership, extra-curricular involvement, etc.

To put it another way, an ATAR of <95 post-offer isn't necessarily a 'no'.

As brent and rui have posted, you can find more info in the OP.

Last edited:

heavenbliss

HSC
So was anyone offered a conditional offer ?? And did you get the interview results as well ?? Was anyone unsuccessful ?

Last edited:

sleepykoala

HSC
N/A
I was offered a conditional offer and it was just an offer, don't know what you mean by interview results. However decided to turn it down and accept a cadetship instead.

heavenbliss

HSC
@sleepykoala
Dont they send the interview results as in each criteria is marked out of 5 marks ??

shura_17

HSC
Congratulations to all those who received offers!

An interesting piece in the AFR today on a current BAcc, who was awarded the Citi Women in Banking Scholarship.

http://www.afr.com/business/banking...ce=Viber&utm_medium=Chat&utm_campaign=Private

hey there! i was just offered an interview today and i was wondering, if there are 96 selected interviewees and 30 are selected what are the chances that im successful if i can achieve an 85-90 atar? but my interrelationship skills and passion for accounting is expressed well in the interview. will this make up for my 85ish atar? thank you so much.

Prouille24

HSC
Hey, if you have been selected for the interview stage then you are a very strong candidate with a chance of getting in. Do not focus too much on what ATAR you achieve as the selection committee take into account a number of other factors including co-curricula and personality along with marks and weight them evenly. I recommend that you focus on preparing for the interview stage by doing a few practice interviews with your friends and family and getting to understand the STAR technique when answering questions. See the below link for more information. Please message me if you have any further queries :)

https://www.thebalance.com/what-is-the-star-interview-response-technique-2061629

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)