UTS Bachelor of Accounting (Co-op Scholarship) 2019 (1 Viewer)

thelargeshaw

HSC
Hi Bored of Study Users,

I hope your half yearly HSC exams haven’t been too stressful and I sure remember being in your shoes not too long ago! With the pressures of exams we can often forget about our long term goals. However, with the Bachelor of Accounting Scholarship (BAcc for short) now open to applications for the 2019 intake, now is the time to research and consider your after school options.

As a first year BAcc, I’m here to overview the structure of the course and answer any questions you may have.

WHAT IS BAcc?

The UTS Bachelor of Accounting degree is a comprehensive cooperative scholarship. The degree is 3 years and is targeted at high achieving academic students who are passionate about a career in business and accounting. With a historic graduate employment rate of 95% and grad salary of $60,000, BAcc is one of Australia’s premier business degrees.

But what makes the Bachelor of Accounting special? The program offers a tax-free scholarship of $53,000 alongside two six-month internships with employers such as Commonwealth Bank, Deloitte, Westpac and Foxtel. These internships are critical in providing gradates real-world experience and employability skills. The course also involves regular networking events and guest lectures by industry leaders, providing the opportunity to interact with sponsours from accounting, insurance, property, forensics and banking companies. For example, AMP Capital spoke and networked with the cohort just last week.

One of my favourite aspects of the course is the real and meaningful friendships created from the small and close knit BAcc cohort of around 30 students. I’ve made some great friends since meeting and bonding with them at the BAcc camp. These friendship networks have honestly helped me transition easily into university, a place which can often be daunting for those who don’t know anyone.

Another benefit of the course is the flexibility it provides. You have the choice to select a 2nd Sub major (the Accounting major is compulsory) or a sub major with electives. This choice enables you to pursue your own interests alongside the opportunity of studying with the UTS Business Exchange program in Asia, Europe or the Americas.

So what kind of students does the program select?

High achievers on an academic and social level that are fascinated in a career in business. Historically, students have achieved in the range of 85-99.95 yet there is no definitive threshold. I hope that I have convinced you on this amazing business course. Feel free to ask any questions below or through the official site.

KEY INFORMATION

To apply, have the Bachelor of Accounting degree as one of your UAC preferences and have applied through UTS by one the following cut off dates.
Round 1: Friday 1st June 2018
Round 2: Friday 19th October 2018

I hope to see you all at the BAcc info evening on the 15th May 2018 from 6.30-7.30.

Registration and applications are made via https://www.uts.edu.au/future-stude...es/undergraduate-programs/bachelor-accounting

Thankyou!

Last edited:

Amiao

HSC
N/A
Hi,

I recieved a conditional offer from UTS. I just had a few questions:
1. Roughly what ATAR would I have to achieve to be offered a spot
2. Are there many opportunities to study/intern abroad? I saw in the 2018 COOP post that some students travelled to Jakata. Is this opportunity available in 2019?

Cheers

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Wouldn't travel be dependent on the organisation you end up doing a placement with? Or do you mean for exchange?

Amiao

HSC
N/A
I think for exchange? I saw in a previous post spruiking the course that students had the opportunity to go on trips etc.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I think for exchange? I saw in a previous post spruiking the course that students had the opportunity to go on trips etc.
I wouldn't let that sway you too much - anyone can apply for exchange, it's just a matter of making sure you time it to work with your subjects/progression. This may be slightly harder with a coop program where you need to do your placements/internships or summer school, but it's entirely manageable. Cadetships/traineeships are similar as well in that you'll need to time the exchange with when you don't need to be at work (ie. one of the years/semesters where you aren't working).

lmaoitsme

HSC
Wow congratulations of the offer! I am currently in Yr12 and very interested in this program ! Just wanted to ask what the interview process was like? Anyone can answer please! I have also sent a PM ! Goodluck with your exams !

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Last I checked it was a 40min behavioural interview with representatives from sponsoring organisations.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)