UTS BSOC Orientation Camp 2015! (1 Viewer)

ozzay

HSC
EDIT: NOW OPEN TO ALL FIRST AND SECOND YEAR BUSINESS STUDENTS

Hello everyone!

Firstly, a big congratulations to everyone for completing their HSC and making it through their university offers! Life’s about to start for real now, and it’s about to get exciting

I’m here as a representative of the UTS Business Society, and we’d like to extend a very warm welcome to all of you prospective Bachelor of Business students!

Business O-Camp!

As any uni student will tell you, one of the best ways to meet new people, make lasting friendships, and start a fantastic social life is to attend the Orientation Camp. It’s an awesome chance to network with new students such as yourselves, current students, members of the UTS Business Faculty, and even some alumni and sponsors. It extends over 3 days and 2 nights and this year is hosted at the Milson Island Sport & Recreation Centre over Friday 13th of Feb ‘til Sunday the 15th. As per usual, there is a themed party on one of the nights and this year’s party will be a RUBIKS CUBE theme (more details on our FB event and website) ! It’ll be a weekend of fun, games, and new experiences and we would love it if we could meet all of you there!

Ya'll best be quick about this because tickets sell out ridiculously fast to O-camp and you don't want to be that shady loner in the corner of your first tute while everyone else has friends

---------------------------------

Business Society Membership!

While you’re at it, why not sign up for the UTS Business Society and become a member!

Being a member of the UTS Bsoc grants you a myriad of benefits such as cheaper event tickets, access to end of semester parties, access to career seminars, presentations, and programs with our sponsors and networks (Deloitte, KPMG, PwC, CBA, CPA, E&Y, ICAA to name a few), intervarsity programs, competitions, and exclusive functions. On top of that, employers love to see people getting involved with their universities’ social clubs, so take this opportunity as a start to building that amazing CV!

You can sign up for a lifetime’s membership right here: http://utsbsoc.com/join/

Buying a ticket to the O-camp gives you free membership into the UTS BSoc!

-------------------------------

Social Media (Facebook & Twitter)!

And finally. One of the things that helped me a lot during my first year were Facebook pages in which the entire student body would collaborate and help each other out with homework, studying, and even general advice for majors or career direction. There is a real sense of community that is established at UTS, and this is just one of the many ways that this is done.

All necessary information can be found on the UTS BSoc website and Facebook event page below!

Let me know if you have any questions or email social@utsbsoc.com for further info.

fb event: https://www.facebook.com/events/1425623134396137

Cheers!!

Last edited:

ozzay

HSC
Yeah that's correct, for all first and 2nd year business students!

Rhinoz8142

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah that's correct, for all first and 2nd year business students!
How about for people doing dual degrees ?

also this O-camp is it a really a camp where you go the woods and sleep..

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
How about for people doing dual degrees ?

also this O-camp is it a really a camp where you go the woods and sleep
Yeah, anyone doing a Business or combined Business degree.

You'll be sleeping in cabins.

(or maybe outside in the woods - depending on ''circumstances'')

:haha:

ozzay

HSC
Open to all duel-degree students too!

And hahaha god no, not at all. It's all in lodges/cabins that kinda thing. Milson Island is a really cool, well equipped place. It's a sport and rec centre and it's pretty modern, awesome facilities.

Rhinoz8142

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah, anyone doing a Business or combined Business degree.

You'll be sleeping in cabins.

(or maybe outside in the woods - depending on ''circumstances'')

:haha:
eww..then I am not going. I am not into that whole wiildlife camping thing

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
eww..then I am not going. I am not into that whole wiildlife camping thing
When I say [outside in the woods - depending on ''circumstances''], I mean ''outside in the trees if you're totally wasted'' :haha:

It's definitely not a wildlife camping thing as said. There's like a rec hall, basketball court, tennis court, swimming pool, cabins, etc. at the place.

Would recommend/10.

Rhinoz8142

HSC
Uni Grad
When I say [outside in the woods - depending on ''circumstances''], I mean ''outside in the trees if you're totally wasted'' :haha:

It's definitely not a wildlife camping thing as said. There's like a rec hall, basketball court, tennis court, swimming pool, cabins, etc. at the place.

Would recommend/10.
Would they be a price ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)