UTS Business or USYD Commerce. (1 Viewer)

mareeahh2166

HSC
I am having trouble deciding which one i should put as my first preference. Does anyone know which course offers more practical experience? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

04er

HSC
I've heard people say 'B Business' is 2nd rate. No idea why ppl say that but I guess it could be because USyd and UNSW don't offer it while pretty much all the other unis do. I have heaps of friends who do B Bus/B Comp at UTS and they all got into summer vac work so imo UTS Bus is a good course. Studying at UTS is convenient due to its proximity to everything in the city, and you don't have to walk thru shitty redfern. It is also really helpful if you want to work part time because they offer A LOT of evening classes (in fact some classes run only in the evenings). So if you don't want any evening classes (between 6-9pm) come to USyd.

doink

Clone
HSC
I'd Say go USYD simply because Commerce sounds better than Business.

zdzislaw

Jack, much
HSC
I hate the atmosphere at usyd (no offence to anyone!), whereas I much prefer the atmosphere at UTS HENCE, will be selecting Bbus @ UTS as opposed to Comm @ USYD

:D

btw...commuting home from night classes sounds dangerous.

uder

HSC
zdzislaw said:
I hate the atmosphere at usyd (no offence to anyone!), whereas I much prefer the atmosphere at UTS HENCE, will be selecting Bbus @ UTS as opposed to Comm @ USYD
You should definitely listen to this guy, he is currently doing his HSC and most likely has all the experience of an open day backing up his evaluation of the USYD atmosphere. Seriously though, Sydney has a great atmosphere.

zdzislaw said:
Yes its a wonder any of us get home alive. Perhaps you hate the atmosphere of Sydney because someone like you would find their stupid comments promptly shut down.

goodnessme

HSC
zdzislaw said:

:D

I always walk from uni to redfern station and I have never seen any attack on anybody. It's a myth that you get mugged in Redfern walking to the station- the number of students walking with you will fill up the streets.

If UTS is better than UYSD then why would USYD's commerce be more recognised by other uni's around the world.
http://www.econ.usyd.edu.au/accreditation/

spence

HSC
goodnessme said:
I always walk from uni to redfern station and I have never seen any attack on anybody. It's a myth that you get mugged in Redfern walking to the station- the number of students walking with you will fill up the streets.

If UTS is better than UYSD then why would USYD's commerce be more recognised by other uni's around the world.
http://www.econ.usyd.edu.au/accreditation/
You do realise he never said UTS was better, right?
Personally, I've done a semester of Business at UTS, and thought that Economics for Business is a lot more practical and enjoyable than what I've done so far of Introductory Macro at USyd

mareeahh2166

HSC
fOR3V3RPINKKKK said:
Hi there! I got an offer to both UTS and USyd so I have looked into both degrees carefully before picking where I wanted to do commerce/business. Both are extremely good imo but none really offer practical experience, you just have to go and find it yourself.

You might be interested in these links when making your decision.

http://www.usyd.edu.au/handbooks/economics_business/07_bcom.shtml

http://www.handbook.uts.edu.au/courses/c10026.html

Good luck :)
Thanks heaps for the help and the valuable advice! The links are awesome! But i have to ask you, what made you choose Sydney's course over UTS's? And how are you finding the course?

04er

HSC
spence said:
You do realise he never said UTS was better, right?
Personally, I've done a semester of Business at UTS, and thought that Economics for Business is a lot more practical and enjoyable than what I've done so far of Introductory Macro at USyd
Generally their exams are much easier too (they have a shitload of purely MC exams.. e.g. a 120 MC final exam for some subjects) so i'm not surprised. Plus in contrast to usyd, their micro and macro economics are combined into one core unit, which is convenient for those who don't enjoy eco (such as myself :p).

Last edited:

spence

HSC
04er said:
Generally their exams are much easier too (they have a shitload of purely MC exams.. e.g. a 120 MC final exam for some subjects)
Yeah I had a 40MC final exam last semester. Finished in like 15 minutes

Hoodwinker

HSC
I am also deciding between those two, either at UTS or Syd....but I'm not sure. Both sounds good to me. What about doing Commerce at UNSW? Is it good there as well?

04er

HSC
RE: USyd vs UNSW

They are roughly on par. For me it all came down to travelling distance. Plus I got a scholarship offer for USyd but not UNSW.

lgaica

HSC
if ur white go to usyd, if ur asian go to unsw, if u get a shitter uai than expected go to uts

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)