UTS Business School (Postgraduate). Please HELP!! (1 Viewer)

sauce2k

HSC
Hi Everyone,

woah its been awhile since ive been to boredofstudies site. haha brought back some good memories!

Anyway I graduated from UNSW in August last year and I decided to do postgraduate studies recently. Unfortunately I couldnt apply for UNSW and USYD because their application closed really early. So i applied for UTS and got 2 offers (Marketing and Finance) and I decided to choose Finance. What really concerns me is that I have been going through a few forums and threads and people dont generally like business school @UTS. Is it really bad? I mean in terms of future career do companies prefer those who graduated from UNSW and USYD more than those graduated from UTS?

Has anyone done/doing postgraduate studies (finance) at UTS at the moment??

PLEASE HELP! THANK YOU!!!!!!!

rayy_bann

HSC
Hi Everyone,

woah its been awhile since ive been to boredofstudies site. haha brought back some good memories!

Anyway I graduated from UNSW in August last year and I decided to do postgraduate studies recently. Unfortunately I couldnt apply for UNSW and USYD because their application closed really early. So i applied for UTS and got 2 offers (Marketing and Finance) and I decided to choose Finance. What really concerns me is that I have been going through a few forums and threads and people dont generally like business school @UTS. Is it really bad? I mean in terms of future career do companies prefer those who graduated from UNSW and USYD more than those graduated from UTS?

Has anyone done/doing postgraduate studies (finance) at UTS at the moment??

PLEASE HELP! THANK YOU!!!!!!!

Hey!

First, I bet you are going to get lots of replies from people saying "university doesn't matter" or "as long as you get a high GPA and stand out it doesn't matter". But I too have wondered about this as with some courses (e.g. law), statistically students who have graduated in more 'prestigious' universities such as Usyd have gained entries to high law firms. In circumstances like these, I would like to think that their job offer was based purely on their achievements as opposed to their university's.

So overall, I can't really answer your question on whether companies find UNSW/Usyd students more attractive in the workforce as opposed to UTS students as I'm not sure how they get students.

But just for your curiousity, 'prestige wise', I think that macquarie University has a higher reputation in terms of business/finance/commerce as opposed to UTS. Macquarie University also is higher in ranking overall/worldwide in comparison to UTS by quite a bit. sooo yeah.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)