UTS Chatter Thread (1 Viewer)

rintiq

HSC
@katsumi
I joined the anime club & drawing circle

Anime club's orientation was super fun and you get to meet heaps of people with the same interests! Not to mention the free okonomiyaki. :)

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
@katsumi
I joined the anime club & drawing circle

Anime club's orientation was super fun and you get to meet heaps of people with the same interests! Not to mention the free okonomiyaki. :)
I was at the Anime Club orientation haha. (Blonde haired guy making the stupid pose in the left of the group picture)

I agree, it was a great time.

tOnnyAyye

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey guys

What clubs did everybody go ahead and join this year?
Rejoined the Anime, JASS and Drawing Circle (friend made me join again...)

I was at the Anime Orientation as well.. I was one of the few people that played Monster Hunter 4 on that day.

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
Rejoined the Anime, JASS and Drawing Circle (friend made me join again...)

I was at the Anime Orientation as well.. I was one of the few people that played Monster Hunter 4 on that day.
I was watching a few people play Monster hunter at the Orientation. I really need to get that game some time soon haha

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
In addition to the clubs that i am already part of, i think i'll go ahead and join the UTS Debating society in order to edge out of my comfort zone and improve in my communication and public speaking skills.

Constantine

HSC
Hey guys

What clubs did everybody go ahead and join this year?
Besides societies relating to my degree, I also joined BUILD, Photography and the UN.
I was going to join the video games one but I chickened out because there were no girls there at the time lol.

Also, one of the first thing I realised when it comes to UTS societies/clubs is that there's not a lot as compared to other universities like UNSW. Anyone else?

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Besides societies relating to my degree, I also joined BUILD, Photography and the UN.
I was going to join the video games one but I chickened out because there were no girls there at the time lol.

Also, one of the first thing I realised when it comes to UTS societies/clubs is that there's not a lot as compared to other universities like UNSW. Anyone else?
Unsw does have more clubs ...we have more than uws though

I am in the photography society as well

Constantine

HSC
Unsw does have more clubs ...we have more than uws though

I am in the photography society as well
I'm not sure about UWS tbh since none of my friends go there, I don't really know much about them.
Awesome! Are you going to the event this Sunday?

In other news, this IBP assessment is driving me nuts.

nerdasdasd

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm not sure about UWS tbh since none of my friends go there, I don't really know much about them.
Awesome! Are you going to the event this Sunday?

In other news, this IBP assessment is driving me nuts.
Yeah I am going :p

Pm me the day before.

I heard they made this year's IBP a lot more difficult

Constantine

HSC
Yeah I am going :p

Pm me the day before.

I heard they made this year's IBP a lot more difficult
ahaha I was worried about not knowing anyone beforehand but this is better than nothing :D
If I end up going I'll definitely PM.

Yeah they did. I looked at the questions for last year and this year's one honestly feels a lot harder. Most of the people in my tutorial have no idea what's going on. For the first time in a while I have no idea how to break down and approach an essay question. If I had previous years' question I would actually know where to begin.

nerdasdasd

HSC
Uni Grad
ahaha I was worried about not knowing anyone beforehand but this is better than nothing :D
If I end up going I'll definitely PM.

Yeah they did. I looked at the questions for last year and this year's one honestly feels a lot harder. Most of the people in my tutorial have no idea what's going on. For the first time in a while I have no idea how to break down and approach an essay question. If I had previous years' question I would actually know where to begin.
Cheers !

You guys will get the hang of it :)

Merlin2512

HSC
Hey guys, just a quick question. I'm planning to do a dual degree at UTS, B of Engineering with Bachelor of Business of which the ATAR is 89.85. My ATAR came out to be 87.8, but I checked the bonus points table and found that I was eligible for 4 bonus points. So would it be realistic of me to get into the 89.85 course. And also what is the difference between bachelor of business vs bachelor of commerce. Thanks.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
You'll get an offer, the cut offs have been pretty consistently around the high 80s for many years - I highly doubt it will jump into the 90s this year.

Did you do the engineering questionnaire? If so, I reckon you would have got an early offer with decent responses.

A bachelor of business at UTS is a B Comm equivalent, UTS and the other technology universities + some others decided to call the course a bachelor of business - but the course offers the same majors (obviously differs uni to uni, but so does B Comm between unis) and career paths. Some universities offer both a B Business and B Commerce and in this case the B Business is a more applied course typically and is less theoretical - but that is not the case with UTS.

Merlin2512

HSC
No I didn't apply for the questionnaire, which in hindsight I should've because a mate of mine got an early offer. But thanks for your response, I was getting worried over the last few days if I'd get into UTS or not :p.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)