UTS City - Access to UTS-WPA? (1 Viewer)

jiminymacca

HSC
I want to bypass the annoying as hell system with the UTS-WIRELESS access point (logging in with Juniper). Does anybody know how to log in to the UTS-WPA access points?

Thanks

jiminymacca

HSC
I've been trying to connect for the past hour and a half while waiting for a class, I'm getting absolutely nowhere! There is really no help given on the UTS website into this, all it says is to install a certificate.

I've been through all the settings and cannot find out why it won't let me connect.

Here are the settings-

Security Type: WPA2-Enterprise
Encryption Type: AES
Network Authentication Method: PEAP
(Within Advanced Settings)
Authentication Mode: User or Computer Authentication
(Within PEAP Settings)
When Connecting:
[x] Validate Server Certificate

Trusted Root Certificate Authorities:
[x] DNA_UTS Certification Authority

Selected Authentication Method:
Secured Password (EAP-MSCHAP v2)
[x] Enable fast reconnect
(Within Configure above)
[x] Automatically use my Windows logon name and password (and domain if any)

Anybody see any problems?

Aeriff

HSC
Untick the 'automatically use my Windows username and password' and enter your Student ID and password.

jiminymacca

HSC
I would have sworn I tried that beforehand and it got me an error (must've been in combination with another bad setting).

In any case, it works, thank you very much.

Willskiiiez

HSC
Isn't the UTS-WPA meant for iPhones and PDAs?
Also if laptops can connect to them is downloading/torrenting/accessing steam to play l4d2 prossible?

Aeriff

HSC
Isn't the UTS-WPA meant for iPhones and PDAs?
Also if laptops can connect to them is downloading/torrenting/accessing steam to play l4d2 prossible?
Of course it's possible providing UTS don't filter p2p etc. However, it's a stupid idea.

tehpyro

Lord of Bored
HSC
However, it's a stupid idea.
Yep, UTS logs bandwidth (I know because a friend once downloaded about 4Gb in a day and they said they'd cut off his access for the month if he downloaded much more), so torrenting/downloading anything substantial will not work more than once. That, and if you download anything copyrighted, it will be linked to your name, and UTS is likely to:
1) Cancel your account; or, if for whatever reason they're blamed for downloading
2) Expel you from the university.

Of course, smaller downloads are OKAY, and even some larger ones are fine IF you can get torrents working, as long as they're legit (normal downloads work fine as is). You might get a slap on the wrist, but eh. That said, there's no reason p2p would be allowed anyway. WPA != unrestricted access. VERY easy to port block (or even protocol block).

joy1889

HSC
I want to bypass the annoying as hell system with the UTS-WIRELESS access point (logging in with Juniper). Does anybody know how to log in to the UTS-WPA access points?

Thanks
UTS-WPA will only work on smartphones, iPod touch and PDAs with Wi-Fi.

You could try using eduroam:

Username: student id number @ uts.edu.au
Password: email password

This will work anywhere where eduroam is supported including other universities including Sydney University and foreign universities. Go to UTS ServiceDesk (online) and type in 'eduroam' for more information.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)