UTS Debating (1 Viewer)

Tenax Propositi

there's just no oxygen
HSC
Is anyone going for coaching and practise this saturday?

I was thinking of going, but I'm not sure if the teams have been selected or entry into competitions has been decided yet?

Does anyone know if I've missed anything so far?

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
I was going to join but I've officially run out of time and money for societies. Guess that means no debating for me.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I joined, coughed up the money at O week, and have not been notified of a single thing from them at all. But I'm leaving Sydney on Saturday so I won't be at this thing

Tenax Propositi

there's just no oxygen
HSC
Originally posted by braindrainedAsh
I joined, coughed up the money at O week, and have not been notified of a single thing from them at all. But I'm leaving Sydney on Saturday so I won't be at this thing
I know what you mean about not being notified about ANYthing they run at all.... it's actually really annoying that I'm a member of a society that makes no effort to advertise or email its members about meetings they have (considering they have our email addresses and names).

I just came across it by chance in the union mag and it doesn't even explain who it's really for or what it's about.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
I know Frigid's on their camp right now, saw him in Tyler's Accounting on Thursday with a massive duffel bag.

Jinglebell

HSC
go to http://groups.msn.com/UTSDebatingSociety and joinn the MSN group if you guys wanna know what's going on with DebSoc, that's where the announcements are all made...I'm pretty sure that was on the sheet thing they gave us when we joined, actually, but i could be wrong...

I just got back from our 'trip' all the way to sydney an hour ago, and through my sleep deprived haze I encourage you guys to get involved with the society, debaters party hard...and debating with a shocking hangover can be fun, honest:D Plus Australs is coming up and from what I hear a lot of help will be needed to get everything happening!

Tenax Propositi

there's just no oxygen
HSC
Originally posted by Jinglebell
go to http://groups.msn.com/UTSDebatingSociety and joinn the MSN group if you guys wanna know what's going on with DebSoc, that's where the announcements are all made...I'm pretty sure that was on the sheet thing they gave us when we joined, actually, but i could be wrong...

I just got back from our 'trip' all the way to sydney an hour ago, and through my sleep deprived haze I encourage you guys to get involved with the society, debaters party hard...and debating with a shocking hangover can be fun, honest:D Plus Australs is coming up and from what I hear a lot of help will be needed to get everything happening!
well that's just dandy - i've missed selections and training sessions that have apparently been running since early March. Thanks UTS Debating Society. I want a damn refund! This is a joke.

Thanks for the link anyway Jinglebell.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I wanted to be involved too but didn't get any information.... now I have missed the novice tournament so I may as well not bother.....

Nightshade

Pain in the ass
HSC
its debating... why bother at all?

if u really wanna win, a quick hit in the head is suffice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)