• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

UTS General Q (1 Viewer)

tachiapple

Queen
HSC
hwo does the manjors and minor work in uts?

say i am doin B of design in industrial design can i do japanese beginners as a minor?

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Have you had a look at the handbook entry for your course? It will tell you what you can and can't do. For your course, the link is below:

http://www.handbook.uts.edu.au/dab/ug/c10053.html

It seems like you can do a sub-major, and you have a list to choose from. One of them is CBK90495 Japanese Language and Culture, so I guess you can do that :).

Your major is industrial design and it's pretty much integrated into your course because you're already doing a focused course.

As a general question, it depends on your course. Browse that handbook site to get a feel for the course structures.

tachiapple

Queen
HSC
LOL ic ic fanx

i am a new student...where can i get more information on the minor subect in paper form? and do i have to decide my course and subjects on the enrolment day?

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
There's some information in the handbook. Besides that, ask the language faculty I suppose.

You have to choose your first year subjects in enrolment day yes, but you can change say the Spring semester ones later if you want. You may have to select your minor as well, but again you can change this later on if you want, before you start it.

tachiapple

Queen
HSC
i might go to uts later on today

is there a place i can go to ask about subject selection...like booklets and stuff regardin majors and minors? in paper form?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)