UTS - Insearch please help me (1 Viewer)

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
Hello guys,

I am interested in UTS, i already got a offer from SIBT for Macquarie but i think north ryde is quite a travel. Most of the people i know are telling me to go to UTS (my current tafe buddies) and even some people on bos are saying UTS is relatively easier compared to MQ, i really want to graduate in 3 years because i am too old to be wasting more time my concern is i am unsure what a GPA 7 means, for MQ they require all passes which means GPA 2. What marks are required in first year to get GPA 7?

Also my last concerns do UTS have access to pass exam papers for me to study from? also how is the teaching quality? how is the facilities like? and finally do UTS have these final exams where you must pass or you will repeat the whole subject again regardless of what you got throughout the semester class tests like tafe?

Please do be kind enough to help,
THANKS!!!

SFinspired

HSC
First of all, is your question even about Insearch (Diploma program). UTS is very different from Insearch. I would go to SIBT and save money.

krayzie_

HSC
Hello guys,

I am interested in UTS, i already got a offer from SIBT for Macquarie but i think north ryde is quite a travel. Most of the people i know are telling me to go to UTS (my current tafe buddies) and even some people on bos are saying UTS is relatively easier compared to MQ, i really want to graduate in 3 years because i am too old to be wasting more time my concern is i am unsure what a GPA 7 means, for MQ they require all passes which means GPA 2. What marks are required in first year to get GPA 7?

Also my last concerns do UTS have access to pass exam papers for me to study from? also how is the teaching quality? how is the facilities like? and finally do UTS have these final exams where you must pass or you will repeat the whole subject again regardless of what you got throughout the semester class tests like tafe?

Please do be kind enough to help,
THANKS!!!
I don't know what your talking about :)

I know UTS GPA scales are from 0 - 4.

I know that at UTS, our SC's usually post up sample questions but never an entire past exam paper.. There are some past papers on the library website but they are from the 1990's.

Teaching quality and facilities are fine.

Yes, usually some subjects will require you to pass ALL assessment criteria as well as obtain >50% overall.

Yes if you fail you do it again or you could drop out.

If you want a comparison of TAFE vs Uni's, then in uni's you'll have to put in more effort and its easier to get left behind. So if your looking for an easy free ride then don't pick university

Insearch Info

HSC
If you are really interested in studying at the University of Technology, Sydney (UTS), but didn’t get the ATAR required for direct entry, then get in touch with UTS:INSEARCH.

Depending on your ATAR result and desired area of study at UTS you may be eligible to enter a 2 semester diploma program with INSEARCH in June and articulate into 2nd year of university at UTS in February 2011. No time wasted. A student’s INSEARCH pathway to UTS depends on their ATAR score and the Grade Point Average (GPA) they achieve while at INSEARCH, so give INSEARCH a call to discuss your ATAR score and what you would like to study at UTS. Call 1800 896 994 or email courses@insearch.edu.au

INSEARCH has been educating students for over twenty years and is an important part of the UTS community. INSEARCH students have access to UTS facilities which enables them to experience university life while studying at INSEARCH. The majority of INSEARCH diploma courses provide up to 48 credit points of advanced standing, which is equivalent to one year of study at UTS. All INSEARCH diploma courses are accredited and developed in consultation with UTS.

INSEARCH graduates of the new diplomas (offered from Semester two, 2010) who achieve the required GPA (Grade Point Average) for the corresponding degree at UTS are guaranteed a place at UTS. Graduates who started their INSEARCH diploma prior to Semester Two, 2010 are eligible to apply for admission on a competitive basis. For all details and conditions regarding articulation please visit the INSEARCH website.

INSEARCH offers pathways to UTS in the areas of business, communication, design, science, information technology, engineering, nursing, architecture, law and education.

FEE HELP is also available for eligible students.

For more details on any of above please contact INSEARCH directly on 1800 896 994 or email courses@insearch.edu.au or visit www.insearch.edu.au

krayzie_

HSC
If you are really interested in studying at the University of Technology, Sydney (UTS), but didn’t get the ATAR required for direct entry, then get in touch with UTS:INSEARCH.

Depending on your ATAR result and desired area of study at UTS you may be eligible to enter a 2 semester diploma program with INSEARCH in June and articulate into 2nd year of university at UTS in February 2011. No time wasted. A student’s INSEARCH pathway to UTS depends on their ATAR score and the Grade Point Average (GPA) they achieve while at INSEARCH, so give INSEARCH a call to discuss your ATAR score and what you would like to study at UTS. Call 1800 896 994 or email courses@insearch.edu.au

INSEARCH has been educating students for over twenty years and is an important part of the UTS community. INSEARCH students have access to UTS facilities which enables them to experience university life while studying at INSEARCH. The majority of INSEARCH diploma courses provide up to 48 credit points of advanced standing, which is equivalent to one year of study at UTS. All INSEARCH diploma courses are accredited and developed in consultation with UTS.

INSEARCH graduates of the new diplomas (offered from Semester two, 2010) who achieve the required GPA (Grade Point Average) for the corresponding degree at UTS are guaranteed a place at UTS. Graduates who started their INSEARCH diploma prior to Semester Two, 2010 are eligible to apply for admission on a competitive basis. For all details and conditions regarding articulation please visit the INSEARCH website.

INSEARCH offers pathways to UTS in the areas of business, communication, design, science, information technology, engineering, nursing, architecture, law and education.

FEE HELP is also available for eligible students.

For more details on any of above please contact INSEARCH directly on 1800 896 994 or email courses@insearch.edu.au or visit www.insearch.edu.au

His probably too lazy to read that

zehurricane

Capitalism, Ho!
HSC
UTS has past paper but most are crap for Insearch student, if you really want past papers, get to know someone in USYD, most of they exam are similar with insearch.
Facilities is small but if your a FOB and like Dota and CS, you be hanging around the computer labs or if your a nerd than it the library.
The final exam, some suibject u need to pass all exam while others dont, accounting (yawn) you dont need too but economics (easy as 1,2,3) you do.

Isn't GPA of 7 a HD? but anyway SBIT and Insearch are similar but insearch (Business and commerce) are the same as 1st year in uni, Same lecturer, tutor etc etc.

Good thing about Insearch is the fobs chicks :D.

princess_neko

HSC
my tafe buddies did accounting at tafe and transferred to uts to do bachelor of business. apparently, if you decided to do one major, one submajor and electives for the rest,you can get exemptions for the electives... so i guess that will save you 1/2 yr from uni???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)