UTS internship opportunities? (1 Viewer)

waterlml

HSC
hi, i'm going to study b business at UTS this year and i heard that uts has many internship opportunities/programs for students, is it true?? And what do you need to do in order to gain an internship?? like do you need to have good grades and different work/volunteer experiences in order to be considered for a internship?? will they organise it for you or you need to seek for your own internship?
sorry for many questions just want to know about it cos i really want to gain some work experience and improve myself during uni.

and btw does it matter at uni if you have really good grades or not? will you get an award or something if you have really good grades?? just curious

ShinjAngel

HSC
Uni Grad
while UTS has a system to help you with finding an internship, you still have to look for one yourself and do all the legwork yourself. it's basically just finding a job. so yes decent grades are preferable (obviously someone with credit or distinctions will take precedence over someone with just passes). some work experience would be good but not necessary. employers realise that if you're a student you don't have much experience yet. just make sure you're enthusiastic and willing to learn.

better grades may give you more opportunities. the uni likes to email you about some things that only people with higher grades are privilege to, but it's usually only credit/distinction kinda grades so it's definitely doable.

waterlml

HSC
while UTS has a system to help you with finding an internship, you still have to look for one yourself and do all the legwork yourself. it's basically just finding a job. so yes decent grades are preferable (obviously someone with credit or distinctions will take precedence over someone with just passes). some work experience would be good but not necessary. employers realise that if you're a student you don't have much experience yet. just make sure you're enthusiastic and willing to learn.

better grades may give you more opportunities. the uni likes to email you about some things that only people with higher grades are privilege to, but it's usually only credit/distinction kinda grades so it's definitely doable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)