UTS Late-Round Offers (1 Viewer)

barnsey88

HSC
What's the chance of me getting into UTS Business (City) through a Late round offer. My UAI is 92.4 and the cut-off is around 89 this year.

I stuffed up my preferences so i was offered Macquarie Commerce but i dont wanna do that.

Can someone please give me an indication of whether i have a chance.

Thanks

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
barnsey88 said:
What's the chance of me getting into UTS Business (City) through a Late round offer. My UAI is 92.4 and the cut-off is around 89 this year.

I stuffed up my preferences so i was offered Macquarie Commerce but i dont wanna do that.

Can someone please give me an indication of whether i have a chance.

Thanks
You have a good chance.

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Well there aren't any listed vacancies for that course, so whether they take any late round offers is up to them, but just put it as your first preference anyways and see how you go. Some of the Business combined degrees have vacancies though.

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
I did the same thing, and there were no vacancies for the late round offers.

My advice is to take the Commerce at Macq and apply mid year for a transfer to UTS (which is what I did). Also, if you screw up your subjects at Macq it doesnt really matter (apart from the waste of money) because mid year transfer results come out very soon after exams are over i.e before results come out so your UAI and demand are only taken into account.

barnsey88

HSC
oh really. So what month are the mid-year transfers possible? So basically a mid year transfer is based on your UAI - which for me is 3.5 points above the cut-off? And i've got a chance with that too?

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
barnsey88 said:
oh really. So what month are the mid-year transfers possible? So basically a mid year transfer is based on your UAI - which for me is 3.5 points above the cut-off? And i've got a chance with that too?
I'm sorry but I honestly can't remember for the life of me. It's done before the end of Spring semester, so I'd check UAC late March/early April to see when applications open. Results of transfers come out late June.

Like I said, mid-year transfers are through UAC (it costs about $35) and because they come out before Spring semester results are released they can only base it on your UAI. How high the entry UAI is obviously depends on demand, but I got in last year with a UAI that was slightly below the main round cut-off - you're above so I think you'll be fine.
Another thing, if you're doing the Commerce at Macq make sure you do subjects that you can get exempted from when you get your transfer. Subjects like Accounting A and their Micro/Macroeconomics subjects (which are taught separately) don't get you exemptions for UTS' core subjects (or at least they didn't when I applied). I think marketing and stat170 (statistics) will but. This might not make sense now but it will once you go and enrol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)