UTS: Law Orientation Camp (1 Viewer)

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Who's going to this?

From the site:
Orientation Camp (New UG) - 15 Feb
Description:

At the Faculty of Law we realise that there is more to a university education than just hitting the books. The move from high school to university can be a big step. To help make it easier, the Faculty of Law in conjunction with the UTS Law Students' Society hold a 3 day Law Orientation Camp at the beginning of each year.

At the camp you will get the opportunity to make new friends, meet Faculty staff and senior students, learn more about the field of law, where your studies can lead you and a whole lot more.

The Law Orientation Camp is an invaluable experience and attendance is highly recommended for students new to university education.

Further Details & Registration Information
Date:
15 February, 2006
Off Campus, Australia. At a mystery location 1.5 hours from Sydney
Audience:
Students
Cost:
$95.00
Response/reservation:
By 5pm Wednesday 8th February 2006
David Hood phone: 9514 3250
Further Information:
Orientation Camp 2006

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
HAHAHAH. i read all the FAQs and shit and apparently theres no alcohol, drugs, mobile phones, going into areas designated for the opposite sex, leaving your cabin after lights out... i mean fuck, it sounds just like school camp only i won't actually know anyone

in other words: my instinct is nooo

peanutbolt

~Cold
HSC
no fun?
now im just confused. i was told its quite a good way to get to know everyone, and since i only know one other person.... :(

and we arent allowed to bring alcohol, but there would be alcohol there right? again, this is something ive been told, so i dunno.

neways, i guess ill be seeing you people around.

peanutbolt

~Cold
HSC
hey nick,
im aman <no really, thats my name> and i guess ill be seeing u around enrolment/o-week time.

not going to the camp? is that cos u cant go or cos u dont want to? man i dont wanna be the only one there :(

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
peanutbolt said:
no fun?
now im just confused. i was told its quite a good way to get to know everyone, and since i only know one other person.... :(

and we arent allowed to bring alcohol, but there would be alcohol there right? again, this is something ive been told, so i dunno.

neways, i guess ill be seeing you people around.
no, go to the site and read the FAQ, it's an 'alcohol free zone' or some shit
like i suppose it could be ok, but to me it just looks like a glorified school camp

Hardenne

HSC
You guys act like drinking alcohol is the only way to have fun? Yes unfortuneately you cant kill your liver for these two days, but im sure that it'll be a memorable time, lots of activities etc...I dunno, it just seems to be a nice chance to meet everyone and have fun at same time.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
i've had plenty of fun in my life without alcohol. i was also in [early] primary school at the time.

:rolleyes: ;)

but seriously, to me the issue isn't so much that i want to/need to drink but the fact that, despite being an adult, it's being dictated that i can't. i mean, i have the choice to start drinking right now, i've got plenty of booze in my fridge/on the wine rack, but just cos i can doesn't mean i will.

Purp|e

miesynth
HSC
lol ... 'mystery location', sounds like a blast.

does it really say no alcamahols? on the engineering one the last night was some sort of insane trivia/games night + get drunk. :)

but man, did our 'mystery location' eat the wang, it was in a hot bunch of sheds in the middle of nowhere. oh well, its kinda good to make friends at if you know no one. im sure the law one will be somewhere nicer anyway ;)

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
The people on the IT one always have a blast... dunno about the law one though, but seriously it is probably a good thing to get to know people and stuff.

zhee

HSC
I might as well reiterate couple of points. The camp is different to those end-of-hig-school-camps, where you celebrate the end of diabolic HSC with known friends. This orientation camp is for those who want to meet new friends or ask for advice from 2nd or 3rd year students. Who knows, you might meet 2nd year nice enough to give you past notes/exams/textbook (dont look at me, Im 3rd year).

Edit: Although I have to admit the bed gives you eczema.

Last edited:

peanutbolt

~Cold
HSC
ok now im really really confused, whats the general concensus on this camp? i was ready to go but then ppl here dont seem to be so keen?
tell me what to do!

chow :(

Mandy101

HSC
I'm going. It will be nice to have an alcohol detox for three days after two months of excessive partying. Plus it would be nice to meet the people that I'll be going to uni with for the next five years... I don't see why everyone is so averse to it?

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
My initial dislike was not because of the non-presence of alcohol, just because i'm not a campy person. I talked to some people today though, so I might go, it seems like a nice way to meet people, although all the law people I met today were pretty boring (or maybe I just was just me :p)

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Wow, we've got some alcoholics here :p

Just have a massive party when u get back and make up for it:)

But I'm taking my mobile. Sif no mobile phones

Mandy101

HSC
Haha, I'm taking my mobile too. There's no way I'm going to a 'mystery location' without it!

aaaman

Banned
HSC
hahahahahahahahahahha suck shit, your rules are actually enforceable, we are getting pissed officaly on the last night with engineering suck shit hahahahahahahahah

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)