UTS Law (1 Viewer)

supR

Trials are the best
HSC
Uni Grad
Was just wondering if anyone had any experience or knowledge on UTS Law, and UTS in general. Having a 96~ cutoff, I feel as though it is achievable for me compared to the 99.5 USYD has to offer ahaha

Is there any possibility in future as well for a transfer to USYD Law?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frostguard

HSC
There's a scheme for bonus points, not sure if your careers adviser has told you but there's something called School's Recommendation Scheme (SRS) where your school looks at the students performing very well (after your trials and basically after all the internal assessments are done) then 'recommends' and if your application is successful (or something like that I don't actually know how it works lol), the ATAR is reduced by a lot and you'll make it into courses you were a little bit hesitant in. My Careers Adviser told me that despite the ATAR being at 96-97 for UTS Law, with an ATAR of 80 and your SRS application accepted, you would make it in (which i find very fortunate but a lil skeptical tbh lol). You should ask your careers adviser about possible scholarships (E12, SRS, EAS, etc)

I don't know about transfers but I'm sure you need to get a good WAM (??? i think thats what it is) then you can transfer (altho law, espec at USYD from what I've heard is extremely competitive??) Good Luck Chris!! (if i got your name wrong I'm so sorry)

laloola

HSC
N/A
HSC
In regards to USYD Law, have a look if you can apply for e12. This will lower the entry atar from whatever it is right now down to 95. If you want more info, click here: http://sydney.edu.au/future-students/domestic/undergraduate/e12/study-areas/law.shtml
E12 applications are quite competitive, pretty sure you have to be atleast ranked top 1-5 in at least one of your subjects to get a good chance.
e12 isn't that competitive. As long as you've done things outside of school and been a leader inside, you'll be set. Rankings don't matter either. However, you gotta make sure your school's apart of a low-socioeconomic area.

supR

Trials are the best
HSC
Uni Grad
My school definitely won't be e12. Is there good reason to do say B Eco / B Compsci at usyd for 95 (I think) and then transfer to a different course?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tklawl

HSC
N/A
I would not suggest doing eco/comp sci if you're planning on doing a transfer to law. You'd essentially be wasting an entire year of your life (unless you're doing something that can contribute to credit points for law) - you could do eco/comp sci then transfer to eco/law... but that'd be wasteful - eco --> eco/law is more reasonable.

You could also pick a degree that isn't so demanding (engineering degrees have very high contact hours), get a HD wam and guarantee yourself a transfer into law. -- For instance, pick UTS law, get a HD wam and transfer into USYD law... UTS runs so many bonus points schemes, I think you'd be fine getting in.

UTS law isn't so bad (but if you ever get offered USYD law or have the opportunity to do USYD law, scram and head to USYD).

laloola

HSC
N/A
my friend received an offer for radiography, she did no extracurricular activities nor any leadership. however, she was ranked 1st in music and music extension.

laloola

HSC
N/A
You can apply for EAS if you are 'eligible' and then you apply for e12.

supR

Trials are the best
HSC
Uni Grad
There's a scheme for bonus points, not sure if your careers adviser has told you but there's something called School's Recommendation Scheme (SRS) where your school looks at the students performing very well (after your trials and basically after all the internal assessments are done) then 'recommends' and if your application is successful (or something like that I don't actually know how it works lol), the ATAR is reduced by a lot and you'll make it into courses you were a little bit hesitant in. My Careers Adviser told me that despite the ATAR being at 96-97 for UTS Law, with an ATAR of 80 and your SRS application accepted, you would make it in (which i find very fortunate but a lil skeptical tbh lol). You should ask your careers adviser about possible scholarships (E12, SRS, EAS, etc)

I don't know about transfers but I'm sure you need to get a good WAM (??? i think thats what it is) then you can transfer (altho law, espec at USYD from what I've heard is extremely competitive??) Good Luck Chris!! (if i got your name wrong I'm so sorry)
Kinda interested as to how you knew my name ahah (Must of wrote it somewhere on this site)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)