UTS Medical Science vs UNSW Medical Science (1 Viewer)

Panda Bear

arab chicks? :|
HSC
well this thread has progressed too much for me to follow :p

although seeing the trend the past years, UTS science appears to be lowering its UAI requirements. I dunno, perhaps to increase uptake of students or increase in government funding (which i highly doubt).

Med. sci if you like physiological stuff, it would appeal to you. However, career wise I wouldn't put your head too high considering uni's churn out med sci students like ants every year. It's quite competitive I would imagine.

The more molecular type stuff, i.e. not med. sci, *might* net you a job. You'll find it hard fetched to get a job when you graduate, all science students know this. Descriptions range from "Experience needed e.t.c."

In terms of double degree stuff, I do know people who do it. I can't really comment much on it. All I do know is that it doens't give you the depth as a full degree would, and as I previously mentioned, dabs you into a bit of this and that. It will however, be advantageous when it comes to job hunting as you have 2 skills.

Even more so, there was this girl I knew back in 2nd year that hated the science component of her Bsci/Bbusiness degree that she wanted to drop it. I guess the case with her is that, once you're in 2nd year you find what you like and don't like, and that's when the double degree component really starts to put a strain on you.

In regards to campus schooling. Everything is taught at the city campus, as far as I know, business is taught at kuring-gai. Soo, if you have a double degree, as thejosiekiller said, you will have to hop campus.

Enough blabbering!

I'm doing Honours this year :eek: Man will it be hard

krayzie_

HSC
The B.MedSci program at UTS pwns. Brand new science facility and plus its a short walk from central. Unless you want to go to UNSW, you can catch the bus from central =]

mewantcookies

HSC
N/A
aussiechica7 said:
if i got into unsw med sci, i'd take that over uts. unsw is one of the most elite unis in australia.

however, the uai for unsw med sci. is likely 2 rise b/c it is being offered as a backup course if u don't get into med (people will b able 2 take the course, finish their honours, then go straight into 4th yr of med at unsw). up 2 u.
is that really true? cause my bf's thinking of doing med after he finishes his honours in med sci... and if thats true... he doesnt have to do another 4 years doing the same thing.. can anyone confirm that its in fact true???

thanx!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)