UTS new building (1 Viewer)

HSC
What do you think of the Frank Gehry design of the UTS Business building? What impacts will it have on UTS?:bosman:

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
I think the new engineering building is going to look better tbh.

Kurby

HSC
N/A
I haven't seen it, but surely nothing beats the old building - which was dubbed the ugliest building in Sydney...

Safraaz

HSC
Uni Grad
What impact will it have on the 'UTS' brand?
1. The concept of UTS having the 'ugliest' building will be dismissed.
2. More people would want to come to UTS -> increase in student intake and hence more revenues for the university.
3. University ranking could improve drastically overtime as the influx of student numbers and campus rating could improve.
4. Finally UTS would actually look like a 'Technology' university.
5. Better for the students I guess! I'm a 1st year student, and I can't wait for the I.T. building to be finished! :)

lee337

HSC
Uni Grad
I quite like the exterior aesthetics of the new engineering building, hope the interior is aswell.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
What impact will it have on the 'UTS' brand?
1. The concept of UTS having the 'ugliest' building will be dismissed.
2. More people would want to come to UTS -> increase in student intake and hence more revenues for the university.
3. University ranking could improve drastically overtime as the influx of student numbers and campus rating could improve.
4. Finally UTS would actually look like a 'Technology' university.
5. Better for the students I guess! I'm a 1st year student, and I can't wait for the I.T. building to be finished! :)
Same! I'm a first years too.

Safraaz

HSC
Uni Grad
Do you think you guys are disadvantaged to UNSW/USYD students?
F**K NO!!
Rather I feel that we are advantaged whilst compared to UNSW/USYD. If you want to do Engineering/I.T. then I would highly recommended UTS due to the 'practical' nature of the course. In fact, UTS is making Business more 'practical' from next year through its new internship program. We were told that those who maintain a credit average can go into this program from second year. Another great thing about UTS whilst compared to USYD and UNSW is the well-balanced social atmosphere. You will meet a diverse bunch of people from all different races at UTS. Lastly, unlike other universities, UTS is not bound to one particular area. The campus is literally scattered all over Central/Haymarket. The great thing about this is that you can quickly grad a coffee whilst moving to next class, and you have a variety of fast food outlets to choose from.

Last edited:
HSC
I ask because I might be going UTS instead of UNSW for business (finance or marketing with accounting). The top firms are biased, they like the UNSW/USYD students more than UTS is what I heard. I was hoping the creation of the new buildings would make UTS more prestigious, and thus the students would become more attractive to top firms.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
I ask because I might be going UTS instead of UNSW for business (finance or marketing with accounting). The top firms are biased, they like the UNSW/USYD students more than UTS is what I heard. I was hoping the creation of the new buildings would make UTS more prestigious, and thus the students would become more attractive to top firms.
That stuff takes time. If what Safraaz said about business internships is true then that will help.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
F**K NO!!
Rather I feel that we are advantaged whilst compared to UNSW/USYD. If you want to do Engineering/I.T. then I would highly recommended UTS due to the 'practical' nature of the course. In fact, UTS is making Business more 'practical' from next year through its new internship program. We were told that those who maintain a credit average can go into this program from second year. Another great thing about UTS whilst compared to USYD and UNSW is the well-balanced social atmosphere. You will meet a diverse bunch of people from all different races at UTS. Lastly, unlike other universities, UTS is not bound to one particular area. The campus is literally scattered all over Central/Haymarket. The great thing about this is that you can quickly grad a coffee whilst moving to next class, and you have a variety of fast food outlets to choose from.
Any other details? This is the first i have heard of this, seems really exciting if i could possibly manage it along with an accounting cadetship.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)