UTS or MAQ? (1 Viewer)

Kittenslayer

HSC
would it be better to go to UTS and study Bach of Science in IT or go to Macquarie and to Bach of I.T
which 1 has better recognition with employers
and, if i cant get into uts, would it be better to go MAQ and transfer to UTS or go through Insearch?

friend177

HSC
go UTS, i think u get industry training for a year. the cut off last year was pretty low around 83 ish and you get up to 5 subject Bp, more if you have EAS so its not that hard to get into, what was your ATAR? and don't bother with insearch, not really worth that much, if you cant get in go to Maq.

Gigacube

HSC
If you haven't made the UTS cut-off then I think you should go to MAQ and transfer to UTS. Insearch is quite pricey.

Gigacube

HSC
If price wasn't a factor then I'd say insearch would be better as UTS has better recognition with employers in IT and as friend177 said you get industry training for a year which is a plus.

You should research on how UTS insearch works and see if you prefer that over transferring.

Kittenslayer

HSC
with transferring, would that have problems with the courses, would i have to start from year 1 at uts or would i continue on to year 2?

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
UTS would be better, keep the option in first preference, and put MAQ second or something, dont do insearch (you can if you want, seems like a huge waste, if you do, I think you start off in 2nd year), transfer is the best option if you dont get it the first time. Also apply for EAS, if you're lucky, you may make it with added bonus points.

Kittenslayer

HSC
but wouldnt i be disadvantaged if i transfer, cas im guessing the courses arent the exact same, so wouldnt i have to catch up on all the thing i didnt do at maq?

Gigacube

HSC
but wouldnt i be disadvantaged if i transfer, cas im guessing the courses arent the exact same, so wouldnt i have to catch up on all the thing i didnt do at maq?
I guess it depends on the subjects you take in the first year. You should go to the Uni info day & ask someone there or call both unis to find out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)