Uts Or Unsw (1 Viewer)

Beetle

HSC
Hey Guys

I got my UAI and was really happy about it (94), but know i don't now which to choose for my first preference.

UTS - Bachelor of Business City Campus (89.15)
UNSW - Bachelor of Commerce (93)

Apart from UNSW having a higher cut off mark, which is actually better? UNSW or UTS and please give me some reasons why...

konstantine'

HSC
Beetle said:
Hey Guys

I got my UAI and was really happy about it (94), but know i don't now which to choose for my first preference.

UTS - Bachelor of Business City Campus (89.15)
UNSW - Bachelor of Commerce (93)

Apart from UNSW having a higher cut off mark, which is actually better? UNSW or UTS and please give me some reasons why...
Man I've been facing the same dilemma as you for a while but I decided with UTS. Don't think you can say which is actually better. It depends on what course you want to do and your goals. With UTS, it's more practical, has strong industry links, more flexible and quite innovative. UNSW B Com seems to be more theoretically based and I guess more 'prestigious'. They're both good courses though, don't get me wrong, just depends on what you really want. I don't know that much about UNSW so I might be biased but yeah check out the Good University Guide 2007 at Dymocks (ring up to see if its in stock) if you want an OBJECTIVE view - they give ratings and stuff. Try no to base your decision on what other people say cause unless you've gone to both unis you won't really know. Looking up their majors and content might help too. Oh you might already know this but just cause UNSW's UAI is higher doesn't mean its better; it just reflects the higher demand. Gluck with your decision!

egarrz

HSC
I'm in a similar boat but can I just ask why USYD isn't an option?

ianc

physics is phun!
HSC
UTS has the worst campus of any of the unis, id much rather spend time at UNSW.

However UTS is right in the city, UNSW is a bit out of the way down in kensington.

Thats about as objective as youre going to get, have a close look at course descriptions and stuff, and see which one appeals to you most.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
go to uts. . . increases my chances of getting into unsw commerce :p

angmor

momentica-one.deviantart.
HSC
i agree. UNSW imo has a much better atmosphere than UTS. i mean just looking at the facade of UTS makes me want to puke

pottsy44

HSC
konstantine' said:
...With UTS, it's more practical, has strong industry links, more flexible and quite innovative. UNSW B Com seems to be more theoretically based and I guess more....
you my friend have mistaken these facts for engineering / construction courses.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
You might want to check out the University Section of BoS, there have been countless discussions which may help you in your decision.

Beetle

HSC
Hey thanks guys, you really helped me, and to egarrz, USYD wasnt an option because i just dunt feel like i belong there... i went to their open day and it just felt dead and boring.

In the end, i think im gna go to UTS, cuz i dunnoe i just have a thing for it... and btw, the business campus at UTS isnt in that ugly brown tower.. its near Haymarket and its a lovely campus..

CLASS OF 06 WOOT !!

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Beetle said:
Hey thanks guys, you really helped me, and to egarrz, USYD wasnt an option because i just dunt feel like i belong there... i went to their open day and it just felt dead and boring.

In the end, i think im gna go to UTS, cuz i dunnoe i just have a thing for it... and btw, the business campus at UTS isnt in that ugly brown tower.. its near Haymarket and its a lovely campus..

CLASS OF 06 WOOT !!
hey, i was gonna put this in a new thread but well, while we're here... I have the choice between Sydney Uni or UNSW (I've applied for arts/ed for both)...which would be better to put first? I don't mean in the elitist "zomg sydney is the best" sort of way but generally, which uni has a better atmosphere, campus, facilities etc...which one is easier to get to (i'll be getting the train there from richmond most days). I'm thinking Sydney at the moment, but I wouldn't mind UNSW either...help me decide lol.

ianc

physics is phun!
HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
hey, i was gonna put this in a new thread but well, while we're here... I have the choice between Sydney Uni or UNSW (I've applied for arts/ed for both)...which would be better to put first? I don't mean in the elitist "zomg sydney is the best" sort of way but generally, which uni has a better atmosphere, campus, facilities etc...which one is easier to get to (i'll be getting the train there from richmond most days). I'm thinking Sydney at the moment, but I wouldn't mind UNSW either...help me decide lol.
Transport wise USyd is a much better option because it means you will only need to catch the train to Redfern. To get to UNSW you have to catch the train to central then catch a bus for about 20 minutes.

I think the atmosphere would be good in both places; i think its more important to look at the course details - eg which uni has the most appealing arts majors for you

Good luck!

angmor

momentica-one.deviantart.
HSC
lol is this some kind of joke? UNSW wtfpwns UTS anyday.

Beetle

HSC
well angmor... dont think youll be going to unsw with that uai then ?

Chris.

HSC
mitsui said:
definitely unsw

but i have to go uts. =_=
saaammmmeee. hi 5!
and i think you are doing B Business with me from what u said in another thread

Beetle

HSC
yay!!

maybe we'll be friends chris and mitsui !

see ya there in 2007

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
MUAHAHA

I still deciding.

If UTs, then i will go Business/LAw

=DDD yay! friends!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)