UTS - Semester 2 2007 Guestimates + Official Results (19 Dec 2007) thread (1 Viewer)

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
ragnarok said:
My worst semester actually :p But yeah, I'm not too overly concerned. Though it was just annoying missing out on the next grade for like..all of them? :p

I was really expecting from 70-75 for MDC anyway, so yeah. The latter is always better (and looks better on a transcript with a sexy D :p) but meh. As for ITPS, Kyeong said we'd get our marks back like 2 weeks ago i.e. all the presentation marks etc. She never did it. To top that off, the announcement she put up on UTSOnline that said this would be done was taken off on the day it said the marks would be out. How..ethical? So we didn't actually know our mark until today. I really don't know how I could have lost 20 something marks though -.-

You put too much faith in me, jasee :p I was stoked with that AIT mark. I barely touched the second assignment (Itch the champ probably did like 90% of the marks we got for it! lol) because I was too lost to help.

My average dropped by like 1.5 after this semester, but even if I continue to perform like this, I should be able to maintain a D average at the end..I hope ~_~ All in all, I had a hellish semester and it showed a little in my marks (not a good thing I guess? :p) but yeah, my excuse is that it was a super busy one (with 5 days a week in the city which is like 2 and a bit hours travel each day, 6:30am wake-ups 4 times a week, vac work interviews, medical problems)!
Ooh you worked with Itch =p

Maybe you should check your ITPS mark. I thought it was quite easy to get a D or HD in that subject, lol.

Don't worry too much about your average. As long as you have a D average it's all good. Not much point having a HD average =p In Business, a C average is pretty good too. D is kinda hard to get in Business, as you have probably gathered, lol.

My worst semester was my last one, lol. I got like 3 Ps and 1 C...and I did MPO, Marketing and Internet Commerce haha =\ (oh and tax law but that was harder). Funny that I got almost a D for Marketing and I only went to like 1 lecture.

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
My marks (sorry I posted them so late, BOS didn't work for me this morning- and I've been at work all day):

22207 Accounting Transactions and Business Decisions HIGH DISTINCTION 98
25300 Fundamentals of Business Finance HIGH DISTINCTION 92
31749 Internet Commerce DISTINCTION 82
31336 Internet Middleware Programming DISTINCTION 80

ragnarok said:
Yuck! lol

2007 Spring Semester 22320 Accounting Business Combin 82 D Distinction 6
2007 Spring Semester 22421 Management Decisions Control 71 C Credit 6
2007 Spring Semester 31337 Advanced Internet Technologies 63 P Pass 6
2007 Spring Semester 31479 IT Professional Society 73 C Credit 6
You must be stoked you nearly got C for AIT lol.

lil_star said:
Lol

BPITS 31736 80 D
ISOD 31735 81 D
ITPS 31479 82 D
SITPP 31480 83 D

LOL, I have been soooo unlucky with HDs!
Congrads lil_star. All the best for the future! Enjoy your Mac Bank job!

ragnarok

Inanimate Carbon Rod
HSC
jasee said:
Ooh you worked with Itch =p

Maybe you should check your ITPS mark. I thought it was quite easy to get a D or HD in that subject, lol.

Don't worry too much about your average. As long as you have a D average it's all good. Not much point having a HD average =p In Business, a C average is pretty good too. D is kinda hard to get in Business, as you have probably gathered, lol.

My worst semester was my last one, lol. I got like 3 Ps and 1 C...and I did MPO, Marketing and Internet Commerce haha =\ (oh and tax law but that was harder). Funny that I got almost a D for Marketing and I only went to like 1 lecture.
Ya, poor guy :p Had IMP and AIT to deal with on the same week ~_~

Regarding ITPS, my group members (well 2 of them anyway, got the same marks as me..well one did and the other got 1 mark less :/ So we must've stuffed up that group report big time to get hardly any marks? Or we all write terrible, terrible reflections (but I doubt that..I'm a good..maker-upperer :p). I'll see how I feel.

Yeah, I just want it to say Distinction on my pieces of paper :p Couldn't care less if I got 82 average or 76 in the end.

How funny :p My worst marks are from Marketing and MPO too (well, now it's tied with AIT and MDC/ASR lol). I'm doing Tax Law this coming semester. Woo!

Huratio said:

You must be stoked you nearly got C for AIT lol.
Holy badongas! 98 for Accounting 2! Wow! lol How'd you manage that? o_O You did well in FBF too! And IC! And IMP! HD average that semester! Well done :D

Edit: I knew I edited the quoting for some reason -.- Yes, stoked with 63 lol! It's the only subject I've done I'm extremely content to take a pass mark :D

Last edited:

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
ragnarok said:
How funny :p My worst marks are from Marketing and MPO too (well, now it's tied with AIT and MDC/ASR lol). I'm doing Tax Law this coming semester. Woo!

Holy badongas! 98 for Accounting 2! Wow! lol How'd you manage that? o_O You did well in FBF too! And IC! And IMP! HD average that semester! Well done :D

Edit: I knew I edited the quoting for some reason -.- Yes, stoked with 63 lol! It's the only subject I've done I'm extremely content to take a pass mark :D
My worst marks are from Marketing and MPO too. They are the only subjects I didn't get a D or HD in =(

Thanks, I'm not sure how I got 98 in Acct2 lol. I was predicting a Credit-Distinction (see my guestimate). One of my friends thinks the whole cohort was scaled up by about 5% or the hard question (which was really ambiguous) was not counted. Wonder if I am in contention in getting the top award for Acct2? I have a feeling some person got 99 or 100 in it though =\

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Whoa 98 dude! Well done =) I wish I could have got a mark that high. I was stoked at my 90 for ABC, haha, but the exam was fairly easy that semester. It was also my only HD in a Business subject! Hope the job is going well too!

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
lol HD in circuit analysis.
They should pay you $1000 if you ever achieve that.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
well its not like its a lottery though, so everyone could get a HD if they want if they work and bribe the lecturer with sexual advances.

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
Huratio said:
My marks (sorry I posted them so late, BOS didn't work for me this morning- and I've been at work all day):

Congrads lil_star. All the best for the future! Enjoy your Mac Bank job!
Hey thanks Huratio!

Impressive results you have there! You too good luck with the rest of your degree and future! :)

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
jasee said:
Whoa 98 dude! Well done =) I wish I could have got a mark that high. I was stoked at my 90 for ABC, haha, but the exam was fairly easy that semester. It was also my only HD in a Business subject! Hope the job is going well too!
lil_star said:
Hey thanks Huratio!

Impressive results you have there! You too good luck with the rest of your degree and future! :)
Thanks jasee and lil_star!

dram

i do things
HSC
that's an amazing accounting mark huratio! mind if in ask what you got for the mid-semester test?

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
dram said:
that's an amazing accounting mark huratio! mind if in ask what you got for the mid-semester test?
116/130 I think. Such a long time now lol.

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
lol i thought id check out bos after a while, still love you guys call it a guestimate!!

its an awesome word...oreosome is another great word describing thee awesomeness of oreos

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
thejosiekiller said:
lol i thought id check out bos after a while, still love you guys call it a guestimate!!

its an awesome word...oreosome is another great word describing thee awesomeness of oreos
Of course. 'Estimate' and 'Guess' are boring words!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)