UTS -------> to UNSW (1 Viewer)

FrequentBF4

HSC
N/A
Okay so, my exams are next week, and I have had a pretty great semester, so i was wondering...Next semester in case the work gets harder. What avg WAM should I try to maintain in order to transfer to either Usyd or UNSW (software engineering or Advanced computing)

This is how my transcript for semester 1 is looking at the moment

BRM: 87+(overall HD,got 90s in all assessment except final exam)
Math Mod 1: 86+(should get HD overall, 90s in all assessments except final exam)
Prog Fundamentals : 87(Confirmed HD)
EngComm : 65+(Credit...don't ask).

I am confident I can get a HD or very high D average (approx 82-84).

What WAM/GPA should I try to maintain next semester, to pretty much give me a good chance of successfully transferring.

FrequentBF4

HSC
N/A
Last semester was really good just an update for this thread

Got the perfect GPA 4/4 or 7/7 depending on the scale

Math modelling 1 : 87
Business requirements modelling 89
Programming Fundamentals: 87
Eng Comm 86

WAM 86 ish

FrequentBF4

HSC
N/A
Okay my last semesters GPA was 4/4 based on the UTS scale, I have done 2/3 exams and Thursdays my last exam , to be honest I am expecting a GPA of 3.5+ for the two semesters combined and a WAM of 85+.

My first two exams have been really good and math modelling 2 is already done , so what do you think my chances are with a GPA of 3.6-3.8/4 or 6.6-6.8/7 (UNSW scale) to transfer to a software engineering degree

chefcurry30

HSC
As far as I know, anything above 6.0 GPA makes you a competitive applicant so a 6.6+ should basically guarantee you a transfer into software engineering. Good luck with your last exam and the transfer!

RyanT7

HSC
Okay my last semesters GPA was 4/4 based on the UTS scale, I have done 2/3 exams and Thursdays my last exam , to be honest I am expecting a GPA of 3.5+ for the two semesters combined and a WAM of 85+.

My first two exams have been really good and math modelling 2 is already done , so what do you think my chances are with a GPA of 3.6-3.8/4 or 6.6-6.8/7 (UNSW scale) to transfer to a software engineering degree
You need like a 65/70 WAM to transfer into software engineering lol, 85 will get you into anything that you want that you are eligible for

FrequentBF4

HSC
N/A
I just got an offer from USYD, but not from UNSW, it said it got awarded to more competitive students.

Should I wait for main rounds or just accept this, i don't know who they gave offers to 7/7 GPA, I thought 6.4/7 would of been enough.

captainneuro

HSC
I just got an offer from USYD, but not from UNSW, it said it got awarded to more competitive students.

Should I wait for main rounds or just accept this, i don't know who they gave offers to 7/7 GPA, I thought 6.4/7 would of been enough.
Accept usyd’s offer just for now, remove it from preferences, leave unsw pref as first pref for main rounds and see what happens.

jjba

HSC
This is a pretty old thread, but I'm curious what happened, did you get into UNSW? Doing my HSC right now, failed English adv and physics, should be able to get E3 in both 3u and 4u maths and only chem left. I really wanted to go to UNSW, but at this rate my atar is looking like 80 at most, thinking of going to UTS for computer science and try to transfer after a year to UNSW, any advice on what to do and the process of transferring?

specificagent1

HSC
This is a pretty old thread, but I'm curious what happened, did you get into UNSW? Doing my HSC right now, failed English adv and physics, should be able to get E3 in both 3u and 4u maths and only chem left. I really wanted to go to UNSW, but at this rate my atar is looking like 80 at most, thinking of going to UTS for computer science and try to transfer after a year to UNSW, any advice on what to do and the process of transferring?
Okay, remember me, the guy trying to transfer out of UTS well.

It turns out I got some offers

1. Usyd Software Engineering(Dalyell Scholars)
2.UNSW Software Engineering.

Which one should I accept, I'm really tempted to go for the Dalyell Scholars, at USYD but all my friends are at UNSW. Is there a major difference between the two for software engineering

O01x

HSC
Do UNSW Arts (85 ATAR) for first semester, get a 75 WAM then move to whatever course you want. It's easier this way than going to another university.

Edit: Not med, but most courses yes.

Last edited:

jjba

HSC
Do UNSW Arts (85 ATAR) for first semester, get a 75 WAM then move to whatever course you want. It's easier this way than going to another university.

Edit: Not med, but most courses yes.
LMAO, the thing is if I had 85 ATAR I would have gotten into UNSW Computer science because of the atar adjustment factors, but at this point ill be happy if i get 75 atar so I can get a selection rank of 80 (similar atar adjustment factors) to go to UTS computer science. ;-; man I really bombed my tests...

shaha22

HSC
LMAO, the thing is if I had 85 ATAR I would have gotten into UNSW Computer science because of the atar adjustment factors, but at this point ill be happy if i get 75 atar so I can get a selection rank of 80 (similar atar adjustment factors) to go to UTS computer science. ;-; man I really bombed my tests...
Hi, ik this is 2 years later and you might not reply but if you do (or anyone can help :D) , did you end up going to UTS and transferring to UNSW? Because i had the same issue and im currently at UTS looking to transfer but im not really sure how to or if i will even get in since UNSW uses WAM and currently dk how i can convert my gpa to wam. thanks :)

HSCya1234567

HSC
Can I ask why you are transferring?
Hi, ik this is 2 years later and you might not reply but if you do (or anyone can help :D) , did you end up going to UTS and transferring to UNSW? Because i had the same issue and im currently at UTS looking to transfer but im not really sure how to or if i will even get in since UNSW uses WAM and currently dk how i can convert my gpa to wam. thanks :)

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

God Did
HSC
you get a wam for each of yo subjects. From there push data into gpa calculator, most unis should have one and should be easy enough to search up. You should note that unsw also considers atar for external transfers … I think it is 50/50z I might be wrong with that but that’s what I heard

edit: sorry I was wrong it is wam/gpa or atar, whatever is better. You will need to apply to unsw through uac.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)