UTS Transfer from UWS (1 Viewer)

d3sprado

HSC
Hi

does ny1 knw how i could transfer to uts next semester. Im doin B. of Engineering in uws n tot to ask how i could transfer n if i could get ny exemptions.

THis is da subjects im doin fo engineering

MAths for Engineers 1
Physics and Materials
Engineering Computing (C++ n MATLAB)
Engineering and Industrial Design Practice

Im thinkin of doin Innovation Engineering with major in Mechanical and Mechatronics or just MEchanical and mechatronics

if ny1 could help i appreciate it heaps

Zylix

HSC
You could transfer through UAC after autumn semester if you have a UAI close to the cut-off. Otherwise you would need to wait till the end of the year and get a good GPA.

All the subjects you're currently doing will be exempted, provided you pass them.

d3sprado

HSC
kool thx too bad i only hav 64.15 fo my uai lol

thx nywayz

concubine123

HSC
N/A
Hi mate.. I transfered from uws to uts engineering.. same shit really. If you live closer to uws dont even bother. It saves me about 30 dollars a week going to uts instead of uws.. so thats the only advantage I see. Although theres way more hot chicks at uts because theres really only two campuses.

d3sprado

HSC
does ny1 knw if it is even worth changin unis oda dan its cheaper or convenient
and wat is da advtages of uts compared to to uts oda dan da internship nyway

thx also could sum1 tell me if which uni is harder uws or uts

donnytuco

tuco
HSC
d3sprado said:
does ny1 knw if it is even worth changin unis oda dan its cheaper or convenient
and wat is da advtages of uts compared to to uts oda dan da internship nyway

thx also could sum1 tell me if which uni is harder uws or uts
Fuck, can you write in proper English? It's annoying to read.

Anyways, in my opinion it's pretty much the same thing if you transfer to another Uni. People talk about prestige and all that bullshit, but it really doesn't matter. This is probably more true with Engineering as we're in demand (or so they say). If you change to UTS, you're probably just changing for the location and the atmosphere. UWS is a bit quiet, whereas UTS is pretty busy, so I guess it also depends on what you like.

In terms of which one is more difficult, it's hard to say. Of course there are people who say that they hear that one is harder than the other, but unless you've experienced a similar course/subject in two places, who really knows. In the other thread, people were saying that UNSW is quite hard, and that it has a high drop out rate, but that doesn't tell you shit about the subject. It could just mean that the University doesn't give a shit about it's students, and doesn't offer enough support for them.

But yeah, it doesn't matter where you go.

Last edited:

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
ok i have transfered from UWS to UTS engineering. i am a second year student at UTS. anyways, from my experiences so far ther eis absalutly no difference. execpt the chicks .but your doing engienering so you harldy will see any in the course.

anyways, if its easier for you to go to uts then tranfer other than that its pretty much the same. its all this crap that people say uws is shit but to tell you the truth uws maths is harder than uts maths engineering.

statics is the exams same. same book etc. engineering communication is identical. its pretty much the same.

at the start i missed uws. i liked the atmosphere better at uws. everyone new each other, at the campus....you met allot of people doing different courses. atm its like w.t.f maybe im just not socializing enough i dont no.

lilcong

HSC
Hi, i've just got my result back for the first semester and found out that i've fail engineering maths 1 and engineering computing.(2/4)I study UWS atm and don't really like because i have to drive 40 mins to get there. All i want to know is if it is still possible for me to transfer to UTS next year since i've fail 2 subject already.

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
lilcong said:
Hi, i've just got my result back for the first semester and found out that i've fail engineering maths 1 and engineering computing.(2/4)I study UWS atm and don't really like because i have to drive 40 mins to get there. All i want to know is if it is still possible for me to transfer to UTS next year since i've fail 2 subject already.
list your exact marks! and why did you fail them?

lilcong

HSC
wrxsti said:
list your exact marks! and why did you fail them?
For maths and computing it didnt show the mark because i failed it. I fail computing because i don't like it and nothing make sent to me. For maths, i fail it because due to sickness and me screwing up in the exam. The other 2 subject i got a pass and a credit.

johnnypaul

HSC
Regardless of what uni there is still hardly any chicks in engineering. *SIGHZ*

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
lol dw if you failed. i know a guy who got in after he failed 3 subjects at UWS.

lilcong

HSC
Yeh i've ask people from uts and they say the i have to get 4 distinction next semester to compensate for the 2 subject that i've failed. So i guess i have to stay at uws because distinction is close to impossible for me.

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
actually, you can get a D for probably EIDP, electricla and mechanics if you studdy hard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)