Uts Vs Mq (1 Viewer)

anaoum

HSC
tanjin said:
Maybe you should consider starting your own thread? You'd get more answers that way. :)
i have but noone answers!...

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
[FONT=&quot]
anaoum said:
i have but noone answers!...
umm....people have replied to your threads...20 or 27 replies? With that thread you started about the best business faculty, that's really up to you to find out. You can do your own research on that one. Google it - but i do know that Macquarie uni is rated in the top 5 best business unis in Australia.

Goodluck with the rest though.
[/FONT]

anaoum

HSC
ok thanyou lol thats all i wanted. sory for jackin ur thread if thats how u feel. i just thought we wanted similar things so ppl seeing ur thread would no some info...

anyways thanx i got what i wanted

*hopeful*

HSC
comm-accg/law is only 90.whatever ??

i should have done my hsc this yr

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
*hopeful* said:
comm-accg/law is only 90.whatever ??

i should have done my hsc this yr
not anymore, the uai for commerce/law at mq is now a 93.something. Still not bad when compared to the uais in other unis.

HSC
PwarYuex i disagree with you completely about mac law being hopeless, although that's not the first time i have heard that. it was definitely one of my concerns, and is sometimes raised in tutes - whether mac focuses on the theoretical at the expense of the practical. in my experience they do quite a good job of covering both.

my experience of macquarie law has been wonderful - many of my tutors have written their own texts, which have a strong substantive focus while posing the occasional theoretical question. Generally assessment requires a sound knowledge of the relevant law as well as its jurisprudential, social and political basis - which can be of great use when contemplating where it will evolve from here - a good thing to consider in the age of the statute.

i started in 2003, so i know they've added 'law, lawyers and society' now which may make first year quite theoretical (our only solid 'theory' subject was jurisprudence). later subjects, however, have a strong substantive focus - it would certainly seem no less so than my brother's uni (sydney) from what i've seen of his materials and assignments.

anyway, back to my massive companies and securities law text. crapload of substantive material in that (shudders)

miss-smexy

HSC
tanjin said:
Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone would be able to tell me or at least help me in deciding which of the following options is better

B Business at Uts uai 90.55
or
B Commerce - Accounting / B Laws at Mq uai 90.25

*If i was to go to UTS and do the business course, my plan is to get a transfer to business law after a year, and that's not guaranteed either whereas at MQ i could get into the course i want straight off with a lower uai

*The downside is i live in Inlgeburn, which is pretty much far from everything but UTS is closer and MQ isn't but MQ is also getting that train station fixed by mid next year! I really don't know what to do....everyone keeps telling me MQ is the best business uni too

I'd be quite happy for any info or help provided!

Thanx :wave:
I'm sorta in the same position as you, cept that I'm interested in

business/law at uts

and

commerce-accounting/law OR commerce/law at macq.

I researched and on the world scale, mac ranks higher than uts, even though uts has a uai 4 points higher than mac law. UTS in fact, is ranked lower than macq.. by a few places.

http://www.melbourneinstitute.com/publications/reports/dr_aus_uni/Executive%20Summary.pdf

So my preferences are:

1) USYD
2) UNSW
3) MAC
4) UTS

Tabris

HSC
Most of the rankings u have heard are useless when it comes to educational experience.

U havent experienced what its like sitting down for a tutorial in W5A block in summer with 25 other students trying to understand what the fobby accg tutor just said.

Have u ever contemplated that 3 weeks into uni, u start to skip STAT170 tutorials? or trying to stay awake in the lectures?

Prestige means close to nothing if u get Pass average. Can u take advantage of prestige from research and innovation if ur sitting their learning a 100 year old economic theory??

Thats going to happen in the first two years....

It can get incredibly boring at Macq, Macq centre only diverts your attention so much, if u get a D average at UTS and can only pontetially get C average at Macq, goto UTS, especially if u live in Ingleburn.

I live on the east hills macarthur line and i can tell u that a train to the city and social scene around UTS is probably better than Macq.

No need to take another 45 min trip one way for some extra prestige.

Macq law aint hopeless..... a high flyer like scarecrow_of_oz has been around in the Macq LLB to know what i mean.

LLB isnt for everyone, imagine David Spencer was the lecturer for your first law unit....instead of Meyerson on juris.

Last edited:

miss-smexy

HSC
I am closer to macq than uts so I think I'd rather travel to macq - and I'd be able to drive there then (If i actually manage to get my Ps).

So which one is better then? UTS or MACQ in terms of social scene? I heard that UTS is just a building stuck in the middle of the city so most people just go to the city to have lunch etc and don't spend much time at uni?! How about macq?

In terms of teaching, which one is better? I know that many people skip lectures at Macq and only attend because attendence is taken and counts towards the course marks. But I guess that would be the same for other unis too...

are most of the macq tutors fobby? =S Are the lecturers good?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)