UTS vs UNSW (2 Viewers)

LordPc

HSC
Cutoffs mean nothing. If i was remotely interested in a communications or IT course i would definitely go to UTS. 97 is actually quite a high cutoff for Law when you consider it's so-called "low repuatation". It's got such a practical approach to education which i really like! Also central location is far superior to unsw.
lol

but being serious now, location is vitally important. its one of the most important things to a potential employer.

oh, what am i saying here?

it is the most important thing potential employers look at

snorlaxx

Banned
HSC
Cut offs are inflated really but they represent the amount of people that actually want to get into the course - it's more of a supply thing then indicative of level of coursework or reputation of the course.
That's also a fact.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
i know this is off the subject.. but why doesnt usyd ever come up when tlking about engineering?..they actually impressed me more than unsw
It's because the USyd engo faculty is outdated compared to UNSW and UTS's faculty. I have no idea how USyd's engo faculty impressed you but go ahead and go there if you like it that much :)

Zozo6969

HSC
It's because the USyd engo faculty is outdated compared to UNSW and UTS's faculty. I have no idea how USyd's engo faculty impressed you but go ahead and go there if you like it that much :)
+1. Apart from the new IT building the Engo at USYD is utter crap. So old and outdated.

micuzzo

HSC
^ was this about engineering.... i really really wanted to go to unsw for engo.,.. unsw is soo much nicer than uts, ppl seem more serious n friendly and the facilities seem very very good [who else would remove thier roof just to get an excellent machine into the building] BUT, now i shall b going to uts bcoz they offered me a scholarship. HOWEVER, i have thought about this carefully n UTS is prolly a better choice for me in the end. Im sure its quality of teaching is jsut as good as UNSW and from wat ive herd, uts is more balanced - that is, USYD=theory, UNSW=practical, UTS=theory/practical... so in the end its not like one wuld be disadvantaged for going to uts... ppl do come out of UWS with engo degrees and still get paid so yerr

snorlaxx

Banned
HSC
+2

the engineering faculty @ UNSW is so much better

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)