UTS webmail? (1 Viewer)

candygore

HSC
I can't login at home.. I am worried that I have some important emails. Can I just visit UTS at anytime to use the computer lab for a sec, so I can check my webmail? If yes, which one?!
:S

КГБ

Banned
HSC
meh, i can access mine.

yeah you can go any time. just wait for others to reply

ive got my email set up so all my emails a forwarded to my hotmail account.

jennieTalia

HSC
Maybe you're doing it wrong.
Tell us roughly what you are typing in, just to make sure you're putting in the right thing.
Student ID number and the correct password.
What does it say? That your password is wrong? Try using your three questions?
xxx

candygore

HSC
Maybe you're doing it wrong.
Tell us roughly what you are typing in, just to make sure you're putting in the right thing.
Student ID number and the correct password.
What does it say? That your password is wrong? Try using your three questions?
xxx
No, I think I'm using everything right; it's same with when loggin into student admin and stuff right? It doesn't say anything about my ID or password. It only says 'it is loading..' and has this little 'sun java' mark on it.. i don't get it. Do I have to download something to get this webmail working at home?

jennieTalia

HSC
No, I think I'm using everything right; it's same with when loggin into student admin and stuff right? It doesn't say anything about my ID or password. It only says 'it is loading..' and has this little 'sun java' mark on it.. i don't get it. Do I have to download something to get this webmail working at home?
Ahh so you actually logged in and the sun thing (it's like a blue rectangle thing in the middle of the screen? Haha excuse my lack of techie jargon :p) just loads. Hmm mine comes up with the sun thing for like 5 seconds and then goes into my mail.
Umm... checked FAQ?

What do I need to use UTS Webmail?
You will need:
  1. A computer connected to the Internet with a Web Browser installed.
  2. Your UTS Email Account must be Activated.
  3. You must be able to access the UTS web site at www.uts.edu.au.
  4. You can then click on "Your UTS Email" and enter your Username and Password into the UTS Webmail login screen.
<LI id=qh_3>How do I use UTS Email? At your own computer: you can install an email program such as Netscape 7.1. You will need to configure your email program with your personal details including your Username and Password, and the details of the UTS Email Server. See "About Netscape 7.1" below.
From any Internet-Connected Computer: you can use UTS Webmail from any web browser connected to the Internet, anywhere in the world. This includes UTS Computer Laboratories on all UTS Campuses. Using UTS Webmail you can access your email which is stored on the UTS Email Servers in your "mailbox". All you need to do is visit the UTS web site (University of Technology, Sydney), click on "Your UTS Email", and enter your Username and Password to access UTS Webmail. See "About UTS Webmail" below.

<LI id=qh_4>What settings do I need for the UTS Mail System? IMAP/POP3 Server: mailbox.uts.edu.au
SMTP Server: postoffice.uts.edu.au Requires Authentication if used from outside the UTS Network.

Sorry, that's all I've been able to find. Any help?

candygore

HSC
Ahh so you actually logged in and the sun thing (it's like a blue rectangle thing in the middle of the screen?
Yeah, that's what it kinda shows lol But I waited for like 30mins and nothing happens :[ Well I just checked by sending an email to my uts mail by my hotmail and it came to my other hotmail account (which was what i wanted), so I guess if someone sends me something, then i'll get it from my hotmail. Thanks anyway :]
x o

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)