Uws Can Suck My ***ls (1 Viewer)

krisk85

Random
HSC
N/A
why is it uws sucks? because there is no standard they all flake about..

marking for uws is crap.. one tutor will give you a differnet mark to the other tutor and so on.. and usualy its hte class im not in lol

they even use different marking guidelines ON SAME CAMPUS? one will mark to their own guidelines instead of one set standard? truely lame

Super_Flyse

HSC
I'm of the opinion rant to who you want...

And isn't that one of the purposes of BoS?
To whinge about our various educational systems.

hYperTrOphY

HSC
krisk85 said:
why is it uws sucks? because there is no standard they all flake about..

marking for uws is crap.. one tutor will give you a differnet mark to the other tutor and so on.. and usualy its hte class im not in lol

they even use different marking guidelines ON SAME CAMPUS? one will mark to their own guidelines instead of one set standard? truely lame
Can you eleborate on what you mean by 'one tutor will give you a different mark to the other tutor'? Have you had the same material marked again by a different tutor and that re-marking produced a different result?

Also, assuming you are correct that different tutors are using different marking criteria, are the students made aware of the respective criteria that they will marked in accordance to?

krisk85

Random
HSC
N/A
hYperTrOphY said:
Can you eleborate on what you mean by 'one tutor will give you a different mark to the other tutor'? Have you had the same material marked again by a different tutor and that re-marking produced a different result?

Also, assuming you are correct that different tutors are using different marking criteria, are the students made aware of the respective criteria that they will marked in accordance to?
i know from my own stuff.. i got hte marking criteria from head of the unit and my tutor marked it totaly different.. eg there are 3 parts where u get marks under the marking criteria and under hte tutor marking only 1 part was actualy marked.. makes a big difference when u have alot right in 2 of hte 3 parts and only a little wrong in teh last part..

hYperTrOphY

HSC
krisk85 said:
i know from my own stuff.. i got hte marking criteria from head of the unit and my tutor marked it totaly different.. eg there are 3 parts where u get marks under the marking criteria and under hte tutor marking only 1 part was actualy marked.. makes a big difference when u have alot right in 2 of hte 3 parts and only a little wrong in teh last part..
If I was you, I'd email the tutor who marked it and book a consultation to discuss it.

L

LaraB

If you have serious concerns - you're better off contacting the unit coordinator or head of program rather than your tutor...

If you honestly believe that they are using different marking criteria - its something that the unit coord/head of program has to fix coz it comes under one of those areas that you can lodge an official appeal... and once it's been marked, the unit coordinator has to approve the remark so yeh.. contacting one of those 2 will be quickest...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)