UWS college (1 Viewer)

mr_robato

HSC
also ill be overseas if i were to get accepted into uws college how do i enroll if im overseas this is a problem for me even for my other uni offers if i get any how would i enroll cause i wont be here to late feb =/

EDIT: also if you get an offer does it show through the UAC website or what?

Enrollment is online. So no worries.

Here's what I suggest:

1. Make sure you have access to the internet overseas [so where are you off to?]

2. Ask a friend to check your mail box for you, they could scan and email any postal stuff that may concern you. (I am sketchy about Australia Post's accuracy/efficiency regarding mail redirection).

3. If you'll have internet, you'll have a phone line at hand, so you can make any official queries, they'll be pricey calls but worth it.

Robato

MrDimple

HSC
im in usa right now yeah i got access to internet and phone but yeah thanks robato

MrDimple

HSC
and wtf i forgot to add my birth certificate and atar documents cause i handed it so early WTF it never said this on the questionaire i guess i wont be considered.

mr_robato

HSC
and wtf i forgot to add my birth certificate and atar documents cause i handed it so early WTF it never said this on the questionaire i guess i wont be considered.

Did you receive an email too? My fault I forgot [overlooked rather] to certify the copies. I have until Friday to get this done, I think I'll wait for the offers tomorrow night and then see.

Have fun dude, although this uac thing must be killing your time away.

greenie1113

Bone Saw is ready
HSC
wait...what??
did we have to send em our birth certificates??

mr_robato

HSC
The checklist didn't mention the birth certificate!!!!!!

I'm calling them up tomorrow and confirming EVERYTHING.

Damn red tape.

[edit]: I have reason to believe that 22nd is the last date for every one to have their questionnaire and documents in. Since that's the date I've been given to have my docs certified and sent in.

MrDimple

HSC
i read their brochure or something it says applicants should include birth certificate and such check the brochure thats what it says or am i just exaggerating and yeah robato it is killing my time abit hahah, and no i didnt receive an email i havnt got in contact with them since i handed my documents they havnt even replied to whether they have my documents or not but then again once this is over if i get an offer then it would be all sweet if not then =/ i hope we all get our offers yeah !

edit: so that means we dont get offers in main round for uws college since u said 22nd :S

Last edited:

mr_robato

HSC
i read their brochure or something it says applicants should include birth certificate and such check the brochure thats what it says or am i just exaggerating and yeah robato it is killing my time abit hahah, and no i didnt receive an email i havnt got in contact with them since i handed my documents they havnt even replied to whether they have my documents or not but then again once this is over if i get an offer then it would be all sweet if not then =/ i hope we all get our offers yeah !

edit: so that means we dont get offers in main round for uws college since u said 22nd :S
No no, we get offers but 22nd is the due date for questionnaire and documentation!

Don't forget, 9pm AEST today!

elenchee

HSC
Hey, Just to clarify a few things.
An offer can be made to you in all round offers and even up to the 10th of Feburary. I am a UWScollege student, and I got offered a place in the final round offers in 2009. The course runs for approximatley 12 months. This year it commences as of the 1st of March and will end in January 2010. I am still attending, and this week is the final week then exams. The college has mid semester breaks just like university but they are 1 week and you get end of semester holidays for 2 weeks only after each semester is finished.

The offer is accepted through the online OSAC system, I think thats what it was called. Your conditional offer will have instructions on how to accept your offer. The uai entry is between 50 and 55, even the college co ordinator isn't to sure what it is because it is set by the uni.

And the college is not a rip off. It costs basically the same amount as 1st year uni, my hecs amount over the 12 months has accumulated to about 8 thousand dollars. After you finish the course you recieve 1 year credit into your UWS course. It is good because it is not competitive when you enter second year as you have granteed entry as long as you have a minimum of 50% in all units. Scholarships are also offered to help out your hecs.

Also, for the people that have applied. Usually, when you apply through UAC you apply with the UWS college course code which is usally enough and you don't need any supporting documents. Even the college co ordinator said the main thing they really need is ur ATAR and if you applied through UAC it means they already have that which is why they offered you a place to begin with. When I got accepted it was not offered on UAC and I never applied, the university sent me an offer because the bachelor equiv was my first preference.

Hope that helps.

elenchee

HSC
hi im curious when do we know when we get accepted for uwscollege could it be an early offer or is it only a main offer?
Hey, Just to clarify a few things.
An offer can be made to you in all round offers and even up to the 10th of Feburary. I am a UWScollege student, and I got offered a place in the final round offers in 2009. The course runs for approximatley 12 months. This year it commences as of the 1st of March and will end in January 2010. I am still attending, and this week is the final week then exams. The college has mid semester breaks just like university but they are 1 week and you get end of semester holidays for 2 weeks only after each semester is finished.

The offer is accepted through the online OSAC system, I think thats what it was called. Your conditional offer will have instructions on how to accept your offer. The uai entry is between 50 and 55, even the college co ordinator isn't to sure what it is because it is set by the uni.

And the college is not a rip off. It costs basically the same amount as 1st year uni, my hecs amount over the 12 months has accumulated to about 8 thousand dollars. After you finish the course you recieve 1 year credit into your UWS course. It is good because it is not competitive when you enter second year as you have granteed entry as long as you have a minimum of 50% in all units. Scholarships are also offered to help out your hecs.

Also, for the people that have applied. Usually, when you apply through UAC you apply with the UWS college course code which is usally enough and you don't need any supporting documents. Even the college co ordinator said the main thing they really need is ur ATAR and if you applied through UAC it means they already have that which is why they offered you a place to begin with. When I got accepted it was not offered on UAC and I never applied, the university sent me an offer because the bachelor equiv was my first preference.

Hope that helps.</SPAN>

mr_robato

HSC
I got in to the Dip Social Science! My 7th preference however my most preferred since I left pushing it up too late.

Now I need to get my questionnaire and documents re-submitted. Definitely doing it in person tomorrow.

MrDimple

HSC
congrats robato!!! so did i got into engineering
i dunno how to make a uws acconut it says my number is wrong wtf

mr_robato

HSC
congrats robato!!! so did i got into engineering
i dunno how to make a uws acconut it says my number is wrong wtf

All we need now is red-tape clearance from UWS in relation to the documentation. See you there bro, add me on msn, check your pm.

MrDimple

HSC
yeah i got your pm not using msn atm i will add later though but i cant go further than step 4 says my uws number is invalid etc how to fix =/

mr_robato

HSC
yeah i got your pm not using msn atm i will add later though but i cant go further than step 4 says my uws number is invalid etc how to fix =/
lol Don't worry, we're [almost] in now. I re-posted my certified documents today through express post. Just needing final clearance now.

MrDimple

HSC
my friend i don't know how to enroll properly with my course code it looks confusing
im also looking for 1 more offer in later round do you know if you can remove "dip course engineering" and put in another offer or will this totally decline my offer ?

btw how do you know if your accepted even when you havnt filled out the subjects your wanting to do im totally amature at this.

mr_robato

HSC
my friend i don't know how to enroll properly with my course code it looks confusing
im also looking for 1 more offer in later round do you know if you can remove "dip course engineering" and put in another offer or will this totally decline my offer ?

btw how do you know if your accepted even when you havnt filled out the subjects your wanting to do im totally amature at this.

Bro

Rephrase what you just said. I'm not sure what your asking. :)

Robatow

MrDimple

HSC
dw i figured you out i added you on msn started with j_le.....

and was wondering, just in case!

i re-arranged my preferences and put uws college as last preference cause i got accepted and put a different course as my first preference, am i still elligible for early/late feb round?

btw if i get in the early/late feb round i can still defer my first preference right?

mr_robato

HSC
dw i figured you out i added you on msn started with j_le.....

and was wondering, just in case!

i re-arranged my preferences and put uws college as last preference cause i got accepted and put a different course as my first preference, am i still elligible for early/late feb round?

btw if i get in the early/late feb round i can still defer my first preference right?

I am wondering the exact same thing. I need to know whether enrollment in a course affects future offers...UAC being independent of the various institutions and all.

I'll make a few calls for us on Monday, darn weekend.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)