• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

UWS Connect Books (1 Viewer)

sxcmathschick

HSC
I don't know how many times the bookstore is going to delay and put off the text lists on the internet. Has anyone else noticed that they have put the date from the 5th to the 12th then to the 19th and now today to the 26th (which is a public holiday, so dont bet on it coming out). I'm going away at the beginning of next month so i didnt want to be leaving it all to the last minute but i may have to now... Why didnt they just leave the co-ops there?? Why try and fix something thats not broken!

-juLie-

meep
HSC
They have put up a new message saying its now going up on the 27th.

Due to intermittent communication failures it has been decided to delay implementation of the fully functioning ecommerce capacity to 27th January, 2009. The communication problem has been resolved and final testing is progressing. Apologies for any inconvenience. In the interim, booklist information may be obtained by sending an email to connectbooks@uwsconnect.com.au or by contacting your campus bookstore.
I went to the store at Hawkesbury today and all the lady could tell me was to go online as they no longer have the lists instore. Changing it from the Co-op to Connect Books was a stupid decision. Its a mess already and uni hasnt even begun for the year yet.

sullyman

HSC
So from what your saying the UWS bookshop went to shit after they got rid of co op.

This isnt looking good for my first year lol.

Any ideas if the 1st year booklists will be released at the same time??

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Pretty much, their frantically trying to get ready atm. However, they did employ some of co-op staff, however they are running on a skeletal running staff basis atm, unlike co-op which was not-for-profit.

You should have heard the staff across UWS when they found out Connect was going to take over. I won't mention anything, since they have complained about me on BOS.

Freedom of speech, Yo!

Last edited:

sxcmathschick

HSC
So from what your saying the UWS bookshop went to shit after they got rid of co op.

All text lists are released at the same time, they go by subject, not by year status. don't fret though!

Lara1986

HSC

Apart from UWS custom publications and course readers, don't forget you can get textbooks elsewhere, including Co-Op, textbook exchange, lawbooks for law and some business ones etc

once you find out your texts - you may be able to avoid UWS Connect Books altogether if you luck it out and only get 'generic' text books. Just make sure you check edition numbers as other shops won't necessarily stock the same editions as UWS only - they may stock the one you need along with older and/or newer ones too and it can sometimes make a difference.

Just be careful if they are packages or come with online logins etc as you may need to get this from UWS to make sure you have the right one.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC

You may recieve a text list at the orientation session or at your academic advising session.

sullyman

HSC
Hey Wooz, Lara1986 and sxcmathschick,

Thanks for all your help,

It's much appreciated

bryandawn

HSC
N/A
UWS and its associate services are lame, I would have gone to Wollongong or Griffith if I were rich enough to move long distance easily.
It is the university version of the Fawlty Towers.

Lara1986

HSC
i was just browsing the site and comparing it to co-op and surprisingly connect was cheaper by a few dollars per book
I looked at mine, they're all basically just under $2.00 cheaper... that is the few that are there to date. The majority of my courses the text lists aren't available yet but i'm assuming it's basically the same.

Bit silly that my 2nd summer school unit is one of the ones unavailable to date, given that it starts sooner than the autumn semester one that is available already, although yes I do realise that may be the lecturer's fault not the shop but still...

Considering the fact that coop was so much more convenient and my experiences to date with connect books haven't been great (in terms of staff being able to actually answer questions and give me the book i was after, even after giving a title, author, edition, publication year etc), I don't really think that the saving of $8 is worth the annoyance :p

Don't really care too much though since it's my last year at UWS so won't have to put up with UWS admin issues for much longer :)

Last edited:

sxcmathschick

HSC
spose what subjects you do whether or not you get a saving...Science doesnt have much of a saving, Programming fundamentals is about$20 - $30 more than last year! co-op website was much easier to navigate, also had more search options, you cant search by subject name on connect books.

Lara1986

HSC
UWS and its associate services are lame, I would have gone to Wollongong or Griffith if I were rich enough to move long distance easily.
It is the university version of the Fawlty Towers.
haha nice comparison :)

Pity we don't have staff that are quite as comical

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)