UWS engineering.. any good? (1 Viewer)

carny

HSC
Before you answer.. please try to put aside and pregidous against UWS you have. I know people say its worthless and you can't get jobs.. but I'm pretty sure that's crap. Anyway.. anyone know anything about the bachelor of engineering at UWS?? Any info would be helpful.. cheers.

A2RAYA

You've done us proud boys
HSC
it is a good course. i just finished 2nd year there and transferred to UTS purely for the fact that i didn't want to travel from the penrith campus to the blacktown campus on a monday night to do a subject for my construction major..this is because i have soccer training on monday night...nothing to do with it being crap or anything. it's all crap when people say you won't get a job if you go to uws. engineers are so in demand it's not funny. you'll have a job before you graduate

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
carny said:
you can't get jobs.. .
lol, its a load of bs. My mate did B Business (Accounting) at uws and now works for 'Sam Accounting & Associates pty ltd' earning 265k + bonuses + company car + they pay his telephone bills

and for engineering, a uws graduate was part of the completion of the m7 road construction...

btw im starting B Engineering @ penrith this year :)

carny

HSC
Awesome :) wrxsti I'll be seeing you there mate ;) . Thanx for the advice.

mrlmr

HSC
Re: UWS engineering.. not sure if I'll get UAI

hello people. Im currently completing HSC. im doing the following subjects:
- General maths( was doing Ext 1 but had major heart surgery, forced to drop that and adv)
- english standard
- physics
- legal studies
- industrial tech

now if i dont get the UAI, im really worried about, would they still consider accepting me?

CIV1501

Banned
HSC

I'd be more inclined to concentrate on living dude

arjungamer123

HSC

hello people. Im currently completing HSC. im doing the following subjects:
- General maths( was doing Ext 1 but had major heart surgery, forced to drop that and adv)
- english standard
- physics
- legal studies
- industrial tech

now if i dont get the UAI, im really worried about, would they still consider accepting me?
I heard Ext. 1 is a prerequisite, no?

If it is, then probably not, unless you explain your condition to them and they understand.

HSC

yer i dont no what to decided between advanced engineering at uws or uts engineering. im most worred about the reputation of UWS compared to UTS

arjungamer123

HSC

Someone from UWS got in to Stanford Business School.

If you word hard anywhere, you're going to get the results.

КГБ

Banned
HSC

i know a mate who graduated from UWS law and got into post grad at oxford. just like arjun has said, if you work hard enough you can do anything.

Oh, his GPA at UWS was 6.8 with a Wam of 91

ianc

physics is phun!
HSC
hi there

i don't think employers show bias towards different unis -- your marks and resume should speak for themselves.

i know a few people doing uws elec engineering and the coursework seems pretty similar. the overall standard of students may not be as high, but this does not reflect a sub-par degree, it simply shows that the brighter students tend to go universities in sydney

hope this helps :)

HSC
Not getting a job is a load of bs. My brother finished Civil Engineering 2 years and he got a graduate job with macmahon in his 4th yr, they took him in, now his working as a full site engineer and he was at UWS so i think thats all bs that people say if u go to UWS u wont get job.

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
Not getting a job is a load of bs. My brother finished Civil Engineering 2 years and he got a graduate job with macmahon in his 4th yr, they took him in, now his working as a full site engineer and he was at UWS so i think thats all bs that people say if u go to UWS u wont get job.
How on God's green Earth do you remember your username?

BigDk

HSC
haha the people who say if you graduate from UWS u cant get a job.... but look at the quality of students. they need to look in the mirror. even if these same students went to UTS or UNSW, they woulndt of gotten a job, especially with the amount of fails some of these students end up with when they graduate

КГБ

Banned
HSC
my mate failed 8 subjects in his 1st 3 semesters at UTS.

after graduating he was on 45K

2 years later 80K

5 years later 110K

now he is on 140K after 10 years.

BigDk

HSC
i know a guy who studied at UNSW failed heaps of subjects due to playing online games 24/7.

5 years after he has gradutated he still has not had a decent engineering job to date and is doing volunteering jobs

КГБ

Banned
HSC
i know a guy who studied at UNSW failed heaps of subjects due to playing online games 24/7.

5 years after he has gradutated he still has not had a decent engineering job to date and is doing volunteering jobs
yeah well, i know a guy who failed everything 3 times and is on 60K after graduating.

so beat that:p:headbang:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)